PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Threat problems with a DK tank.

Kiwicat
07-17-2010, 07:21 AM
So yeah, just as the topic says I'm having some threat troubles with my DK tank.

To make a long story short, I just started playing on my DK again and decided to start tanking with it for easier gearing, and since it never hurts to have a extra tank in the guild.

Jumped into the random dungeon and get FoS, and start with no problem with the two first skeleton mobs. Then as we reach the first larger pack, I noticed how the DPS pull aggro a tad to easy.. Sure, they had 5.8k+ GS, but even with that much more than me(I sit around 4.5) they shouldn't have gotten aggro as fast as they did.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&cn=Kiwicat

Theres my armory too btw.

My biggest guess is that I simply fucked up the rotation...I opened up with HB, and then followed it up with 2xBB, then rune striked, HB again etc etc.

So my question is..Did I fuck up my rotation? Or am I just a tad too undergeared?

Dannyl
07-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Just a small note on your spec, I would take the points from Acclimation and Hungering Cold and put them into Morbidity. Morbidity shortens the CD of your DnD which is the basis of your AoE threat. My rotation goes like this: DnD + DG a loose mob into the group + HB + 2xBB. From there, tab target and use various single target attacks, such as RS and FS. These two are wonderful especially because they consume no runes. Rinse and repeat when HB and BB come off CD.

For glyphs, I would go with Obliterate, Howling Blast, and Rune Strike. They are pretty much standard, must have glyphs for a frost DK.

Mend
07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
The rotation for a frost DK on 3+ mobs is :

- Stangulate the caster in FoS and death grip the other caster
- DnD, Deathchill + Howling Blast, Bloodboil
- Tab target to see if the dps are catching up and Icy touch.

Goros
07-18-2010, 06:05 AM
I'd also advise getting Threatplates since it will tell you which mobs have broken loose from you. If AOE trash is your concern, get the glyph of D&D. You should have your Runestrike macro'd into your PS, Oblit, and BS since it's on next swing and an RP dump.