PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Armor Penetration gone in cataclysm, do i regem.

dutch250
07-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey guys.

Correct me if I am wrong but in a US gaming magazine I have read that blizzard is gonna remove a lot of stats from our characters. Just to make it a bit more simple.
One of the stat that will be removed by blizzard they said is Armor Penetration.

Now I wonder is this true ?
And since i am closing in on the point were i could switch from strength gems to arp gems I wonder if I should regem at all ?
Dont want to be gemmed with worthless gems after cataclysm.

What are your views on this matter.

thanx in advance.
Dutch.

Khilbron
07-17-2010, 02:25 AM
Don't worry about regemming at all. I have seen some of the gear people are getting at lvl 81-82 on the live streams, and other items on mmo-champ, and You are going to be replacing alot of your gear really quickly, so just sit on what you got, and replace it as you move along.

Shieldie
07-17-2010, 02:44 AM
I think he means his current gear for doing end game content right now has str gems and he wonders if its worth switching for ArP to increase his dps, but he doesnt want his gems to be useless in cata

Id say do it. cata is still alittle ways from coming out, theres nothing wrong with playing to full potential before then. after cat, as Khilbron said, you will be switching gear fairly quickly, other than that your ArP gems will be switched so something like crit im assuming, prolly wont be the best, but at that point all your shiney purples will be nomore than leveling gear so it wont really matter

Destruyen
07-17-2010, 02:59 AM
just regem now to play your toon at the max. i've seen quest reward 2handers that beat shadowmourne so that goes to show that all of your gear will be replaced while leveling to 85 so don't worry about the gems then.

dutch250
07-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanx guys.

Regemming it is then...

Shame though that all your hard earned gear will be obsolete so fast in cata.

cheers

Voradrac
08-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah kinda depressing considering I didn't break up my tier 6 on my main until Naxx in WotLK.

Not sure what the fractured gem cut will change to, you may or may not need to regem. I doubt its going to become strength or agi as fractured cut is used by both agi and strength based classes.

From the looks of things right now its looking like pretty much all plate based dps will just gem straight strength, that could of course change.