PDA

View Full Version : Druid Bear tanking Questions

Mend
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
I just wanted to ask on what the state of bear tank right now is.

- How good is their survivability ?
- How is their threat ? and what about thei burst threat ?
- Is the rotation simple/complex ?
- How do they gear ? Do they wear normal Rogue gear ?

Thank you!

Darksend
07-16-2010, 06:05 PM
-very
-good / terrible burst
-most simplistic and boring rotation of all tanks
-set + tanking accessories

Mend
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
-good / terrible burst

Worrying, so vs. high dpsers you need to rely on Misdirection + Tricks on the pull for the lack of burst ?

Tinytankz
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Worrying, so vs. high dpsers you need to rely on Misdirection + Tricks on the pull for the lack of burst ?

Berserk puts maul on global.

Gape
07-20-2010, 11:27 AM

Most tanks probly receive an MD/ToT at the beginning of a boss fight. So I wouldn't worry about them pulling aggro on bosses.

It gets tricky with adds sometimes, but not too terrible if they give you a little bit of a lead or if you receive a MD/ToT. Glyph of Maul is really good for picking up adds on something like LDW heroic and effective use of Berserk.

Insahnity
07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Spec also really helps. If you specced into King of the Jungle, hitting enrage will give you a DPS (TPS) bonus. So smart use of your cooldowns will help with threat. Think this:

Faerie Fire
Charge in
Lacerate once
Pop Enrage + berserk
Maul and Mangle your furry ass off until Berserk falls off
Continue with a more normal bear rotation of keeping up 5 lacerates, Faerie Fire and using mangle when available
???
Collect Loot
Avoid getting stabbed by other tanks and rogues for winning their gear.

If you are pure bear, there might be some mileage in putting one or two points into improved mangle, depending on your spec.

Gape
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Berserk puts maul on global.

I have not encountered this.

The Hoof
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
My admittedly limited experience (been lvl 80 for about 5 days now, but in full T9 gear and just working on the last couple triumph items) has been that Boss aggro is a complete non-issue. I've been keeping threat with 6-7kdps players with a gear score of under 4k. Where it's more challenging is on aoe groups. If I can get a swipe or two in first, it's usually not too much of a problem, but I will sometimes have to through a taunt off on an errant mob or two. I've recently gotten the polearm out of HHoR and haven't run many 5 mans since so don't have a comparison yet, but I'm suspecting it won't be much of a problem now. I have yet to raid with him, but that's probably coming soon and I'll report my findings.

Tinytankz
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
I have not encountered this.

Edit: Whoops, I understand now, I think.

Maybe it is mangle, Single target button on like 6 Seconds CD

Gape
07-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Maybe it is mangle, Single target button on like 6 Seconds CD

It's Mangle :].

Your original post made think about Maul with Berserk (which Maul is unaffected by berserk in reality) and that it may be affected by it. My original thought was that Maul was unaffected, hence my initial response. But then I started to doubt myself and make myself believe something that is actually not true. :X

Drizzt
07-20-2010, 03:02 PM
-its great, huge health pool but take hits abit harder
-ive never really had a problem with threat on bosses and usually spamming swipe takes care of trash for me
-not at all, i start with ff and charge then mangle and swipe/ lacerate <depends on situation> and mangle whenever it pops up <i have maul macros onto all my skills pretty much so i dont have to keep clicking it on>
-rouge/ normal feral gear is what you want , just gem and chant for tanking after you get the tanking accessories you should get some regular dmg ones too, they come in handy with some fights or randoms