PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior Rotations

elucid5674
07-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey I posted Halp thread a while back, and I still need help Understanding how to play my character better. The problem is that I'm having trouble keeping Threat on multiple mobs when doing Heroics, after doing some research I learned the problem might not be my stats but with the Rotations I'm using.

My normal rotation for Aoe mobs is Thunderclap>Shockwave>cleave> devastate rinse repeat. My single target threat is is usually better but I think its a given for a warrior.
My only guess is that my Aoe tanking has been hinging on my positioning, and tab cleaving.
This is my link for my characters stats http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Rammen

Suntall
07-17-2010, 03:58 AM
You might want to try including some single threat aoe rotation into aoe tanking in HC's if the mobs run off. Charge > Shockwave works to keep the mobs immobilized for an instant, in wich you can throw in a Shield slam for example. Between tabbing to the next target hold up Cleave and Thunder Clap and Shockwave when off CD ofc.

Dannyl
07-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Aoe is something of a trick for warriors. It does not mean we have bad AoE threat but maybe takes more finesse than for some other classes. Your starting rotation is good but I would add a few items. I usually start with my Charge and upon reaching the target I Shield Slam him. From there I target the next mob, hit Thunderclap and begin Cleaving. As long as I have rage, I keep spamming Cleave as much as possible. While I tab target, I use a priority list; Revenge > Shield Slam > Devastate. Devastate might be more valuable (not sure) if you have the T9 2pc bonus but otherwise, I'd stick with this list. Ofc, whenever Thunderclap and Shockwave are off CD, use them.