Lottices
07-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Okay, my stats are:
spell power: 2524
Hit rating: 353
Crit chance: (with molten armor buff) 30.75%
Haste Rating: 748

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Lottices

I want to know which stats i need more, which I need less of, etc.
Any suggestions that would help me increase my dps are good.
I currectly do about 4k in heroics, I pulled 7.2k in OS, but I'm not sure what my DPS is in ICC since I only did Lord Marrowgar for the weekly.

Lottices
07-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I have [Seethe] and [Antique Cornerstone Grimoire] for main hand and off hand, I don't always carry around a fishing pole, one when I'm doing the daily

Lottices
07-17-2010, 08:15 AM
any help?

Zyffyr
07-17-2010, 02:06 PM
OK, you have more Hit than you need. For heroics, you need 6%, and for Raids 17%. You get 6% just from talents., leaving 0% and 11%. If there is a Shadow Priest or Balance Druid, they will provide a 3% debuff, leaving only 8% needed for raids. Currently you are sitting at 13.46%. You can easily afford to drop 2.46%.

Haste, Spell Power, and Crit : More is always better.

Neither of your trinkets are particularly good.

Shard of the Crystal Heart : Roughly 2/3 of the Hit rating is being wasted (all of it is wasted in Heroics and raids that have the Hit debuff available), leaving only the Use to help you.
Talisman of Resurgence : The Int doesn't do a whole lot for you other than the small amount of Crit it provides - the Mana is nearly meaningless at this gear level. So again, the Use is the only real benefit from this item.

At a minimum, replace one with an Abyssal Rune from normal ToC5.

You can, of course, hold onto both to swap in for GS purposes if you are on a server that is obsessed with it.

A few of your gems I personally would have chosen differently, but there is nothing actually wrong with them.

Wilhem
07-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Keep in mind not all Druids use FF in their rotation.

Goros
07-18-2010, 05:35 AM
I would advise getting rid of any druid who DOESN'T use FF in their rotation, because that's one of the main reason to bring a boomy to a raid. I'd rather have them tanking or healing than DPSing any day, and if they DPS without FF they are dead to me.

Moving on - lottices, you need to get Rawr and load your character into it, and use it to optimize your gear, gems, and enchants. It's not hard to use and what you're trying to do by focusing on certain stats is going to do nothing to help you or your dps (nice fishing pole btw). Your focus as an arcane mage as far as gear goes is:

4pcT10 - Head, Shoulders, Chest, Hands.
Legs - crafted Leggings of Woven Death. Don't bother with T10 pants until you are geared enough to go fire.

Your necklace is crap, get the Arcane Loops of Anger from HFoS until you get one off lootship 25 or marrowgar 25.
Your cloak is fine, look for an upgrade off saurfang 25 (Greatcloak of the Turned Champion).
Bracers are fine until you can get Ether Soaked Bracers off Rotface 10.
Belt is fine, you can get a minor upgrade from marrowgar 25.
Boots, have someone make you the Sandals of Consecration.
Your rings are both junk, you should start running pugs of at least the first 4 bosses in 10 and 25 man ICC or doing rep runs to get your ashen verdict ring. For the other ring, gunship 25 and a couple other early bosses in ICC drop some decent stuff.
Your shard of the crystal heart needs to go. I'd concentrate on getting Spyglass from Gunship 10, Reign of the Unliving from Anub25, and DFO from Rotface25. Hopefully you'll be able to get one of them...but until then - grind regular 5 man TOC until you get the Abyssal Rune.
Weapon - What you have isn't bad to start, but I'd look for the Frozen Bonespike off marrowgar 25 as my target weapon. 1st boss, easy kill, and hopefully everyone has one already.
Offhand - Grind HHoR until you get the shriveled heart. Same item level, but best for you until you get to princes25 or sindy25.
Wand - fine, but look for one off Rotface 25 or on the AH called Nightmare Ender.

Your ideal setup would be 210 hit for 25 man raids, more for 5 mans and 10 mans - but if you want the best dps you can, go with 210 and call it a day.

Your items should have a priority list of Spellpower>Haste>Crit. MP5 is garbage, hit is garbage (as long as you are at 210 base or more). Spirit on items is fine, but don't make stacking it a priority.

If you are serious about this, you should be able to get 40 frosts a week just from Randoms, VoA, the Weekly raid, and maybe a weekly inside ICC. Heck, you can even get in on 2 halion pugs to get 6 more frosties assuming you don't down the last boss.

Here's how:

Random Daily Dungeon - 14 Frost (2 x 7days)
VoA10 & 25 - 4 Frost (2 each)
ICC10 & 25 Pug, first 4 bosses + frost gauntlet - 18 Frost (2 per boss x 4, plus 1 for trash valk before dreamwalker - x2 for 10 & 25)
Weekly Raid - 5 Frost
Weekly ICC quest - 0, 5, or 10 Frost (assuming you get rotting frost giant and can down it)
Ruby Sanctum fail pugs - 6 Frost (assuming you only down the first 3 trash bosses inside)

That's potentially 57 frosts per week, assuming that you have the time to make that happen.

Raysere
07-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Keep in mind not all Druids use FF in their rotation.

The debuff lasts 5 minutes, that means you have to refresh it about once during any given boss, maybe twice at absolute maximum. A Moonkin who refuses to do that is simply a poor team player.

blbbax
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Just to reply to Goros, or more to add to what he said -

-Sandals of consecration aren't great for arcane.
-The Marrowgar 10 sword is pretty good too.
-The wand from totc10 is really good too.
-In general, as arcane, try to gear for haste when choosing which items to go for, and which parts of your tier gear to use. SP+haste+crit items are best, followed by SP+haste+spirit, followed by SP+haste+hit. SP+crit+spirit or SP+crit+hit generally isn't that great unless taken in moderation or with no alternative within 30 item levels.

Petninja
07-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Neither of your trinkets are particularly good.

Shard of the Crystal Heart : Roughly 2/3 of the Hit rating is being wasted (all of it is wasted in Heroics and raids that have the Hit debuff available), leaving only the Use to help you.
Talisman of Resurgence : The Int doesn't do a whole lot for you other than the small amount of Crit it provides - the Mana is nearly meaningless at this gear level. So again, the Use is the only real benefit from this item.

At a minimum, replace one with an Abyssal Rune from normal ToC5.

Abyssal Rune is the best easily obtainable trinket for an arcane mage.
Talisman of Resurgence is the second best easily obtainable trinket for an arcane mage.

Unless he's still running Heroic Ulduar 25 he's got Reign, Muradin's, or DFO to hope for. If he's not pugging or running ToC25 weekly he's got Muradin's or DFO to hope for.

I can agree with removing the hit trinket, but removing the Talisman is silly. It also gives spell power, not just the crit. Perhaps you've never played arcane?

Zyffyr
07-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I can agree with removing the hit trinket, but removing the Talisman is silly. It also gives spell power, not just the crit. Perhaps you've never played arcane?

I'm sorry, I forgot about the 22 spell power from the int (24 with Kings). So 22 SP, .88% crit and the use effect.

Goros
07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot about the 22 spell power from the int (24 with Kings). So 22 SP, .88% crit and the use effect.
Not only that, but it ranks higher than abyssal rune in the DPS modeling in rawr by a good measure, provided he has it in a macro somewhere so its up whenever it's off cooldown.

His upgrades are simply reign, dfo, muradins, and the twighlight scale.