PDA

View Full Version : Healing HALP! Valithria orb tricks?

danilche
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I am my guild's only holy pally, which of course means that I am the guild's backbone on Valithria fight. We have recently started on 25-man heroic modes (yes, well, hence my realm's name -- Fail's Edge... #3 Horde guild, go figure), and I find myself feeling inadequate orb-wise.

Now on normal mode I typically end the fight with about 35 stacks of the Emerald Vigor, doing over 40k HPS, and calling for bloodlust after 80%. I re-glyph for SoL, beacon Vali and HL self with HL glyph for the double-dipping on the glyph splash. In normal mode, it was all perfectly adequate.

In heroic mode, I feel woefully fail. I feel like I am simply not picking up enough orbs in the Nightmare. Are there are tips anyone can give me on how to do it better? I usually approach the orb, rotate the camera a bit to try to get a fix on its position, then nudge sideways to move closer to it (if i simply fly for the orb, I tend to pass it by and overshoot). I hate the orbs' brownian motion... and I often end up spending a few seconds just trying to get a single orb. I feel like I am just not picking up enough orbs.

Can someone give me advice on how to pick up the orb better?

Wilhem
07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
You may already do this but, Crusader Aura.

danilche
07-14-2010, 08:07 PM
You may already do this but, Crusader Aura.DOH! I had read that somewhere, but I forgot. Thanks for reminding!

I also made a point of zooming the camera in closely today, makes it much easier to pick up the orbs. And SS helps keep myself alive.

Anyway, my guild just downed H Valithria. Turned out my feeling of inadequacy yesterday was prompted not by me not doing enough healing, but by our DPS not suppressing the suppressors enough :). We got better coordinated today, BLed at 80%, and finished it off.

Thanks for the Crusader advice, I will certainly use it in the future.