PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Issues choosing blood spec, and appropriate gemming/gearing in general

Meagree
07-14-2010, 08:55 AM
This is my current gear & spec: Armory
I'm having issues choosing between a maximized selfheal/mitigation spec or a threat spec, with the healing spec I'm occasionally having issues with threat, not very often but more frequently than with the threat spec (otherwise it would be reduntant I suppose).
Is there a spec with a good balance of both? If not I'd like some help deciding.

Also, should a DK be gemming pure stamina (+ a dreadstone for metagem) or match socket bonuses as soon as they exceed 6 or 9 stamina?

Lastly, does The Black Heart beat Glyph of Indomitability for either stamina whoring or socket matching?

Thanks in advance.

Mend
07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Self healing" spec, Imp. Deathstrike and rune tap ?

I really don't see any talents in a healing spec that would ruin the threat gen. You could drop Scent of blood and hysteria for Imp. rune tap if you want the extra healing, thats the only threat difference there.

Yes, all tanks should gem pure stamina, with 1 dreadstone in your helm to activate the socket bonus, or a 9+ Stamina socket bonus.

And for the trinkets, Black heart for any magic damage fights while the glyph for physical fights. Not much options.

Meagree
07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
By selfheal/mitigation spec I mean rune tap, improved rune tap, mark of blood and spell deflection (mostly for Sindragosa, I suppose).
Thanks for the answers, other than these things, are there any ways I could improve, enchanting or glyphing? (Armory in OP)

Mend
07-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Enchants/gems are all perfect, but if you want the small details:

- The Expertise gem in your belt isn't needed, you are at 27 while the softcap is 26. You gain a small amount of stamina by changing it to a solid gem.
- The hit rating enchant on your gloves isn't needed either, you are very close to the cap already and changing to Armor or stamina would be more benefitial.
- I suggest replacing your legs and gloves with the Pillars of might and Gauntlets of the kraken, they have the same stamina but around 1000+ extra armor on each of them.

Good luck

Meagree
07-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Actually the expertise/stamina gem in my belt gets me from 25 expertise to 27, I'm not sure how expertise rating translates into expertise, but that's how it is.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get the gauntlets, enchants (and possibly the pillars, that precious hit..) asap.

uglybbtoo
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Just verifying data for my simulation program can I ask a question is you threat low on that build?

I am showing it has around half the threat of the "more normal blood builds" I profile on simulation.
Survivalwise it is in the middle range for blood builds I have profiled.

If you have OMEN or tankadintps would love the threat numbers if possible.

Meagree
07-15-2010, 03:02 AM
I've got nothing to show yet, I'll try to get some info next time I raid with this spec, from me glancing over to the Omen window I usually average around 10-13k TPS, but those situations may have been with TotT or MD so I wouldnt count on them.

What specs have you simulated? I'd like to take a look at them myself.