PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holy vs Disc for leveling and raiding

Sean
07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi i have a level 68 (Full heirloom minus ring) Disc priest i've been leveling and really do like it alot over my holy pally but i was looking at Holy to and noticed Holy has alot more situation abilities for almost every healing situation you could find yourself in.

The problem i've been noticing while leveling as Holy over Disc i could heal better and stronger but i went OOM so quickly i was curious for healing dungeons and eventually raid what spec should i focus on for leveling and endgame

CatabriOnEarthen
07-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Disc, disc, disc. There are different utilities for both. Especially in a raid situation. And endgame, atm, I look for disc priests.

Harmacy
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Disc is typically recommended for leveling and fresh 80's getting into 5-mans, because as you noted, it has better mana regen than Holy.

For raiding, try them both out and see what you like! Both are extremely viable, and you may find yourself dual speccing to switch between the two from fight to fight or raid to raid.

Insahnity
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Disc doesn't have great regen. It's just mana efficient. There is a difference. Holy probably has better regen.

Going OOM as a holy is part of your learning. Every Holy priest must learn not to go full tilt unless necessary, gear appropriately, and use your tools (divine hymn, shadow beast, timed mana pots) to keep yourself up.

As for end game, it's a matter of preference. I recently specced OUT of disc into holy.

Harmacy
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Mana regen, mana efficiency, whatever. Disc has more mana to play with.

EressŽa
07-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I think healing 5mans as Disc might be easier for you. If you keep everyone bubbled there should be minimal damage, keeping PoM on cooldown and Penance for the tank. Don't underestimate holy nova either if you all are grouped up.

For raiding, go with what playstyle you prefer. Do you want to be able to switch between tank healing, special-situation healing, and raid healing? Do you want to focus more on preventing damage before it happens? Will you not mind if you are stuck with bubble-spamming the raid when it is called for? Then I'd say Disc might be right for you.

Do you want very strong, bursty, AOE heals? Do you want to be more of a powerhouse of healing? Will you not mind if you are stuck with renew-spamming the raid? Do you want to focus more on raid healing rather than tank healing? Do you want to turn into an angel if you die? Then I'd say Holy might be right for you.

Or you can spec both like me and have it all!