PDA

View Full Version : Warrior i need advice of all kinds

midgetmofole
07-13-2010, 09:36 PM
ok guys im not really what u call new to tanking i lvld from basicly 1-80 as a tank but for the past uh idk maybe 6+ months ive been dps and well heres my link for my character
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&cn=Midgetmofole
if you guys have any advice what so ever it would be grately appreciated. i pvp and pve in this spec if that means anything. my rotation is the maxdps.com rotation so i basicly spam cleave tc and shockwave. idk what it is though i tank pretty well when im doing randoms but when im with my guild i have shitty aggro. i was wondering if it has anything to do with gs and stuff.other than that my only problem is for example is the casters on the hill in pos how do i keep aggro on me instead of others. thanx agian guys if u can offer any advice at all.

Metasynaptic
07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
First up: if you try and do pvp and pve in one spec you will likely be poor at both. I made my tanking spec pve, and sometimes do pvp in it, but I know I'm not going to do great things while pvp'ing in it, and it doesn't really bother me. I'd rather be as good as I can get in pve. All that said, your prot spec is rock solid pve.

Next: prot warriors don't so much have a rotation, it's more a priority list. Mine tends to look a little like this:

Shield slam every CD if it is available, S&B proc or not.
Revenge.
Thunderclap.
Shockwave.
Devastate.
Heroic strike or cleave when rage is pleniful (that means more than 50%), obviously you choose the appropriate one depending how many targets you are tanking.

Now for your gear: You are at the point where you can do some ToC25 or ICC10 for upgrades. Your gear is probably good enough for at least 6/12 ICC25 too, with a few minor changes.

In the meantime, you can get the 232 neck from HoR-H escape.
You can get Saronite Swordbreaker wrists crafted.
Cloak and Belt, save up your frost badges and buy the offsets. They are awesome.

Upgrade your gems to epics when you can. The shoulder enchant would be better off with the PvP enchant for 10000 honour. The shield enchant would be better with the +stam BC enchant. Gem and enchant for pure stamina where possible. Chest is missing the +health enchant.

jewelcrafting needs to be levelled.

In reference to the 'casters on the hill of pos'. move in, thunder clap the melee, shield slam the first caster, heroic THROW onto the second one, shockwave, tank, spank.

midgetmofole
07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
actualy i think the pvp/pve thing might be my prob i do great in pvp my pve isnt shit but its not great it my be that my spec is wrong?