PDA

View Full Version : DPS darn low dps on drakes

Swordclaws
07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
hey guys

for some reason i have a terribly low dps on dragons... (like OS and RS)

this is my Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&cn=Swordclaws

(i'm a fury warr so...)

PLEASE HALP

MellvarTank
07-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Dragons have more armor on them. ;)

Mend
07-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Make sure you aren't standing in the front or back of a dragon, they usually knock you back with their tails and will cause you to lose time getting back into position.

There isn't a specific reason why your dps would be lower on a certain type of boss.

uglybbtoo
07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Well that answered something for me ^.^

I took my DK into OS3 and usually do 8-9K in stand and whack fights but struggled to get 6K on him.

Does that mean you need higher armor pen to get over it I know when NES procs I just get over the normal soft cap.

Mend
07-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Well that answered something for me ^.^

I took my DK into OS3 and usually do 8-9K in stand and whack fights but struggled to get 6K on him.

Does that mean you need higher armor pen to get over it I know when NES procs I just get over the normal soft cap.

There is NO difference between dpsing a humanoid and a dragon.

As a DK you don't gem or gear for arp until higher gear levels, just make sure you have the right raid buffs in every boss fight and you are not standing infront of the dragon.

Dekar
07-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Also don't forget, there's no 25% buff outside ICC (i'm assuming you're judging most of your dps from fights in ICC)

Chamenas
07-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Same exact raid comp? Raid composition makes a HUGE difference, even more so than the 25% buff. If you don't have all of the classes that buff you properly (and there's a lot of buffs that most people never even think about) and provide debuffs on the boss to help your dps, then it's going to look a LOT lower.

Dekar
07-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah, a good raid comp is also crucial, as warriors are one of the most buff dependent dps classes.