PDA

View Full Version : Tanking A bit lost on next frost piece..

pinnacle2009
07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
First of all, armoury link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&cn=Logikal

Now, I will have 60 more frost emblems this week. With my hit rating being so low, I would LIKE to get a piece of gear that has hit rating. Like..T10 gloves, however, I've always been told to get Kraken.

T10 2 set would also be nice. I really just cannot decide what to get. The shoulders would be an easy 25m heroic piece to get (Shoulders from 25mH lootship).

Any advice on what to do? I'm just really not sure what direction to go. Whatever would increase my threat the most would be ideal.

Loganisis
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Since hit is your goal,

Put +10 hit/+15 sta in your helm and a +10 Agility/+15 sta in your belt's red socket.

You'll 'lose' 6 sta from the belt but 'gain' 12 sta from the helm for a total gain of +6 sta plus 10 hit.

Can you work on grinding ~3500 gold to buy the 5 primordials you'll need for Boots of Kingly Upheval, which have hit on them and are a EH upgrade? You can sell the ores you farm to level your mining up to 450 for the full 60 sta bonus, plus should net you the eternal earths plus mats for titansteel you need for the boots.

That will net you 53 hit. That coupled with rep ring at 277 for another 3 hit, will, probably within 2 weeks (you can gain 400g a day easily from Ice Crown/Dalaran/JC dailies) will bump you up to 116 hit. You're a space goat, so there's another 1% hit, so you're getting close to taunt miss-immune at this point without sacrificing your frosties on a sub-optimal EH frosty upgrade.

I'm sure others will have suggestions on other things, that this should address your main concern, hit. At 116, you're probably really close to very comfortable with taunt-misses (threat probably isn't much of an issue and if it is, hit is the least effective way to increase it).

pinnacle2009
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
The Boots would take a while, but I have been trying to save money for them. The other suggestion looks good. I'll do that asap. Thanks for the suggestion :)

So should I get a T10 piece now or wait on the 2set bonus?

Loganisis
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
If you're worried about hit, I'd priortize dailies. You can run darn near 25 Ice Crown dailies in an hour or so (Argent Tourny, SKybreaker, Ebon Blade, Dalaran) for 400g, that's 2 primordials every 3 days (with drop sales and gray vendor). Means in about a week you'd have it. It may be worth putting raiding on the back burner for a week.

If you're not worried about threat, I'd suggest Kraken, Cataclysmic, Shoulders, Helm as your priority. If Pally is like Warrior, you're going to want to get Pillars of Might for your legs, but not including that in the discussion. Kraken will be a big EH upgrade, Cataclymic next. Shoulders and helm, at least at the 251 level, will be minor upgrades but on path for future progression. The helm is laterally BiS at every ilvl I think (if not it's the shoulders) with the shoulders a very close 2nd and bumped up because of the 2pc bonus. At least if it's the same as for warriors, Head / Shoulders 2pc bonus at the 251 level, then swap chest/hands to tier at the 277 level with Pillars on your legs.

pinnacle2009
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I think I'm trying to prioritize everything >.< I guess when I look at it, hit isn't the huge issue. I hold aggro fine. I suppose I will just look into getting Kraken next.

Pillars of Might are on my list to do. Although, considering I already have the 10.5 legs, it's not something I'm going to do right now.

pinnacle2009
07-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, I was just given the advice to get the tier10 chest piece next. I have always heard the offset chest piece is better.

What is yalls opinion on the matter?

Lumines
07-14-2010, 01:44 AM
At 264 level, the off-set chest and gloves are better than the T10 gear. Your badge pieces should be cloak, belt, chest and gloves, with tier helm and shoulders if you want the two piece. With your current gear, I'd get the badge gloves (Kraken).

You shouldn't worry about hit rating, although you could always toss Accuracy on your weapon. If you're having aggro issues, a few hit gems almost certainly won't change that. Since you're not (which is pretty normal if your rotation etc is correct) then you should continue gearing purely for survival stats.

pinnacle2009
07-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Okay, I'll get gloves next.

And.. is there a such thing as too much stam? I have heard there is, but is there really a specified point?

Loganisis
07-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Oh, and I should say, Accuracy only on your wep because it's Rimefang because you brought it up. Mongoose is the best enchant for a pally.

There is never too much effective health (EH) and since stamina is an important of part of that, there is virtually never too much stamina. The issue is people don't understand that EH is a function of armor and stamina so they moan about pure stamina stacking, which is stupid. There are no armor gems, so once the meta is activated, all gems should be stamina.

However, there are many cases where lower stamina items in a slot are BiS over items with more stamina (well BiS for most fights) because they have more armor. For example, the 251 bracers from Deathbringer 10 normal are better than the 264 (and possibly even the 277) bracers from Morrogwar 25 N (and H), because they have bonus armor. The morrowgar bracers, becasue they have more stamina, are better for fights with lots of magic burst damage (LDW, Sid, LK) but the higher armor (theough lower iLvl) bracers are better as part of your 'stock' tank set.

Along the same lines, even though they have less stamina, the Ony 25 and H Valkerie 245 rings are better than any higher stamina ICC rings except for Deverniums (spelling) because of the armor they have on the ring itself for non-magic burst damage fights/trash.

So mindlessly stacking stamina is not opitmal, but gemming stamina is because the survability is far better than dodge (which is more valuable than parry in most cases).

Mend
07-14-2010, 08:42 AM
The dranei hit buff doesn't show up on your character sheet, so ass +1% to the hit rating you already have.

I would go with the gloves, followed by the chest or belt since the belt you have doesn't have any bonus armor unlike the frost emblem belt.

Just buy the upgrade that will give you the most stamina and armor.