PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Arms Warrior Blues.

Bigzoman18
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Hello Tankspot.
My main as of right now is a level 80 warrior. I love to pvp with him and as of right now he has over 1k resil and relentless/wrathful gear.

The Only problem is...
I suck at it. It has gotten to the point to where i get beat in almost every duel, get owned in BGs, and cant get above a 1400 arena rating in the "Ruin" battlegroup. I have tried everything from trying to keybind everything (Which failed miserably.) to trying to find guides on how to properly play one. (Cant find a single one thats legit.) So I decided to post here looking for advice. If someone can answer these basic questions that would be great.

1.A general overview of this class in pvp
2. How to control rage (There has been times when after a hamstring and rend i dont have enough rage for a mortal strike and a overpower.
3. When to use cooldowns. (Retalitation, sheild wall, recklessness.) Good macros, Keybinds, etc.

TY for ur help

Bigzo

woodyman
07-14-2010, 08:42 AM
one question is who are you teaming up with and are you doing 2vs2 or 3vs3 etc
im pretty sure warriors just dont really cut it in 2s but seen good results when i plaid with pala heals and a hunter by my side in 3s

Mend
07-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm no warrior genius at all, but you can't continue to be a clicker in PvP its just not effective as a melee class when you need to be as fast as possible with your reactions.

- Learn to stance dance, if you are trying to take someone down than Battle stance, if you are getting focused than use a macro to equip a 1-hander and shield and start using cooldowns, and if you get knocked back or get kited than Bloodrage + Intercept than back to battle stance.

- Bind your main abilities 1st, so rend,OP, MS, Charge/Intercept and than start slowly binding 1 key at a time and getting used to it.

Swifty, a 2500+ rated arms warrior has a youtube channel which covers everything you need to know as a pvping warrior, keybinds and tactics vs. certain classes and he has some arena footage of his own.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/johnsju

orre
07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
when i play in bg i die very fast (with my hunter) and i think i tank to much so i am trying to go slower forward.
Mabe thats you problem in bg

Mend
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
when i play in bg i die very fast (with my hunter) and i think i tank to much so i am trying to go slower forward.
Mabe thats you problem in bg

Hunters are squishy since we have no way to recover health or reset our opener *Vanish*

You just need a lot of resilience or run with a healer friend, prefer disc priest.