PDA

View Full Version : Tanking What should I upgrade?

Ultimaspike
07-13-2010, 08:02 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bladefist&cn=Ultimaspike

Thats my current gear. I will have 60 frostys when I get on today and run my Heroic Daily. I was wondering what others thought I should upgrade first. I was thinking of upgrading The Black Heart to the Corrupted Skeleton Key, or upgrading to the T-10 shoulders. I was also wondering what else I should be focusing on after that. Thanks for the input and help!

Lumines
07-13-2010, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't buy the Key until you have the badge chest, gloves, cloak (which you have), belt (ditto) and tier helm and shoulders. So any of those options right now - either chest or gloves would be big upgrades.

Loganisis
07-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Is the 2pc that good that you'd go head/shoulders > CSK? I don't know Pally's gear well, but for Warriors that extra 100 stamina > head/shoulder increases even counting the 2pc bonus.

I'd suggest Gloves --> Chest --> CSK --> Tier Shoulders --> Tier Head. But chest/gloves first, I definately agree with that.

Lumines
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
It depends on the individual's situation. The 2pc bonus is a decent threat boost, and if you're only just now getting into ICC and may be PuGing with better geared people then that may be more attractive. It's not just the 2pc bonus, though; the helm and shoulders are both well itemised pieces which are decent upgrades for the OP regardless of the bonus.

Loganisis
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
It depends on the individual's situation. The 2pc bonus is a decent threat boost, and if you're only just now getting into ICC and may be PuGing with better geared people then that may be more attractive. It's not just the 2pc bonus, though; the helm and shoulders are both well itemised pieces which are decent upgrades for the OP regardless of the bonus.

It looks pretty similar to the warriors, giving up some unneeded expertise for more avoid, boosting HotR (warriors it's SW and SS). You gain some decent threat, but not much in the way of EH (maybe 50-100 armor per piece and 9-12 stamina?).

If threat is an issue, I'd suggest looking to make sure all other options are explored first (glyphs, working on rotation, etc), because the head/shoulders combined at the 251 level represent only a fraction of the EH gain of CSK over The Black Heart.