PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite show could be next!!

Notaclue
07-09-2010, 03:50 AM
I dont know about the rest of you, but I for one am getting fed up with networks cancelling shows too early to even know if they're going to have a following or not. For instance: ABC is really good at getting you hooked then pulling the bottom out from under you, they did it with Flash Forward and more recently with a show i was really getting in to Happy Town which they cancelled after only 8 episodes not even finishing off the season.
All because of their poor advertising and time slot for the show. When i saw the ads i thought "Yea ok another cheesy horror show" but I watched the first episode anyway and was immediately hooked! I think if given a chance it could have had a following as big as Lost. It certainly reminded me of it with all the twists and turns and leaving you hanging on impatiently awaiting the next episode. If you've seen the show and would like ti keep it on the air go to http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/happy-town-petition/ (http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/happy-town-petition/)
If you havent watched the show you can view episodes on abc.com or fancast or hulu.
Let me know what you think am i asking too much of abc or should they give shows more of a chance to get off the ground before canning them?

Destruyen
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM
i totally agree with you. many of the shows i liked/got into were cancelled or cut very short. kings from a year or so ago, flash forward, warehouse 13 (first season cut very short/cancelled but just started a 2nd season), and others were good shows but not seen profitable i guess by their networks. sometimes i wonder if the network execs really know what we want to watch and enjoy...

Notaclue
07-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Yes Kings was another good one! And I was very happy when i learned Warehouse 13 was going to be back on.

Kazeyonoma
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
So glad Dollhouse was given a full 2nd season to wrap things up at least. best show i've seen in a long time. The problem is simply don't watch non-cable network shows. They don't stand much of a chance when ABC/NBC/Fox are trying to get the next Apprentice or next American Idol. Cable networks are way more forgiving and usually lead to more dynamic shows anyways. Mad Men, Nip/Tuck (6 seasons ended last year), Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Dexter, etc are all awesome shows, probably better than the general masses targeted shows of the big channels anyways.

Notaclue
07-09-2010, 08:39 PM
True several of the cable network shows I watch stick around and probably wouldnt have made it on the local networks. I am looking forward to watching Eureka (SyFy) tonight and Psych (USA) next week. If the networks dont get their acts together and quit cramming this reality t.v. *#%^ down our throats I'm gonna quit watching them alltogether.

Darksend
07-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Space above and beyond not getting a second season is the biggest tragedy in the history of television.

DfBndSv8qaE

the second was firefly

Notaclue
07-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Exactly! See, for every crappy reality show out there, there are (atleast) an equal amount of good shows that were canned.

sacredgoat
07-11-2010, 08:24 AM
O come on ppl. Reality TV Rocks!! i personally love Paris Hilton's My New BFF!!!

Notaclue
07-12-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm going to say... LOL in the hopes that that was sarcasm :P (so hard to tell online)

Hammerfists
07-12-2010, 01:07 AM
TY Darksend I totally agree that Firefly was fox fumbling the football. It had an interesting idea, Wild West in space, and a great cast. Doubt there will be a sequel or a new life to syndication (if you want to know why watch Serenity the movie).

mistrale
07-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Firefly was just awesome. Was so sad when it was canned.

Destruyen
07-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Firefly was just awesome. Was so sad when it was canned.

agreed.

the show was awesome and the movie was pretty damn awesome too. it actually got me into the whole sci-fi thing and shortly after watching those two i fell in love with stargate sg-1 (still waiting on hulu to put up back seasons of atlantis and sg-u so i can start on those from the start.

BruisedOoze
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Carnivale stopping after two seasons was probably the one that bothered me the most. The background to that show is amazing and there are so many unresolved storylines. It's frustrating.

Notaclue
07-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Well heres a pretty good new show you all might be interested in, just watched the first episode and I enjoyed it, hope you all do too.
Hmm well my embed code didnt work so it's called Haven and its on SyFy. lol