PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Marmot -- Cataclysm Zone & Quest Design

Ciderhelm
07-06-2010, 03:32 AM
bDbXExb-djs

http://www.tankspot.com/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Fudandragg
07-06-2010, 04:34 AM
I love the new Dungeon designs.

Edit; OMG LORE NOT WEARING HIS WEEDING RING!

Supermassive
07-06-2010, 04:53 AM
I love when these videos come up during server downtime.
Gives me something to do for those 4 dark hours of my life.

(Err.. 10 minutes of those 4 hours at least)

Iwchas
07-06-2010, 04:55 AM
Hehe you are so excited Lore !:D You look like Jesse Eisenberg (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251986/) from Zobieland :D

IKT
07-06-2010, 05:45 AM
what is the intro song?

swelt
07-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Lore referenced a Ciderhelm vid worth watching, but with all the flood of cata vids (which I'm not watching because I don't want to spoil the surprise in game) I missed it. Direct linky?

Timecks
07-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Lore referenced a Ciderhelm vid worth watching, but with all the flood of cata vids (which I'm not watching because I don't want to spoil the surprise in game) I missed it. Direct linky?
Click on the YouTube Icon in the lower right of Lore's video, and Ciderhelm's vid is on the right side.

jafager
07-06-2010, 08:56 AM
That noise gate is extremely distracting, especially if you're listening to it without watching the video. It's better for the background noise level to be consistent rather than have the sound drop out entirely at random intervals -- it makes it sound like the video was edited together from a lot of small clips, which it obviously wasn't.

Fetzie
07-06-2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaWO55B6B94 direct link to ciderhelm's video.

Infusion101
07-06-2010, 09:27 AM
the questing sounds good! i was getting tired of all the grind that , grab that quests ^^

surf3001x
07-06-2010, 09:52 AM
We shouldn't be the one's worried about your ring Lore, you should be concerned with your wife!

The new intro is cool, but entirely to "cool" for the weekly marmot ha-ha.

We will see about the water level...As you mentioned water levels are notoriously LAME in every game ever made pretty much :P

I don't believe you about the 1-60 questing!

krilz
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Deathwing is Jana Proudmoore!??? Holy sh...

Banzhe
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
'Wedding ring fell off in the lake' Thats a new one;)

Keep up the solid on your marmots, defo some good things you dish up with over time:D

Kahmal
07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
What I find funny about Blizzard redoing 1-60 content is the fact that people have nicknamed WoTLK World of Alts due to how much more simple leveling is these days and how easy gearing up is. While I only have 1 alt thats considered rare for someone who plays as much as I do. Most of my RL friends are up to 3-4 and they have more of a life then I do, guildies have even more.

Since Cata wont be out for another good amount of months a lot of people may not have another toon to they'd like to level by that time, unless they want a Worgen/Goblin.

Infusion101
07-07-2010, 02:14 AM
ooooh tip: dont wear your ring when you go swimming!

Requiem
07-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Well done South Africa! wish blizzard would give us more local servers

Toushiro
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
What I find funny about Blizzard redoing 1-60 content is the fact that people have nicknamed WoTLK World of Alts due to how much more simple leveling is these days and how easy gearing up is. While I only have 1 alt thats considered rare for someone who plays as much as I do. Most of my RL friends are up to 3-4 and they have more of a life then I do, guildies have even more.

Since Cata wont be out for another good amount of months a lot of people may not have another toon to they'd like to level by that time, unless they want a Worgen/Goblin.

I got alts but only 1 was made in Wrath and that's my lock, all my toons did 1-60 in vanilla and 60-70 in BC xD

Bowen
07-10-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't know about anyone else but the more I see of the new zone development I just feel we are being sold a minimal expansion, 9 zones in wotlk huge, nice zones. In Cataclysm we get 5, other content is useless to 99% of people because we already have loads of maxed out alts so 1 - 60 leveling is irrelevant. Just feels like we will end up riding around lowbie zones instead of high level zones more like we do now. Don't even mention the 80 - 85 zones been over farmed for herbs and ore.

I know we are only jumping up 5 levels this time, but it feels like their attention on the most part is in the wrong place because it's a little late to be redesigning the old content for leveling now.

Chamenas
07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't know about anyone else but the more I see of the new zone development I just feel we are being sold a minimal expansion, 9 zones in wotlk huge, nice zones. In Cataclysm we get 5, other content is useless to 99% of people because we already have loads of maxed out alts so 1 - 60 leveling is irrelevant. Just feels like we will end up riding around lowbie zones instead of high level zones more like we do now. Don't even mention the 80 - 85 zones been over farmed for herbs and ore.

I know we are only jumping up 5 levels this time, but it feels like their attention on the most part is in the wrong place because it's a little late to be redesigning the old content for leveling now.
A little late? Some people will be leveling Goblins and Worgen. The Old World needed a hefty overhaul, and this was the perfect time to do it. Better now than later, after adding more and more zones to the Old World. I'm sad that certain things are getting cut down, but, on the whole, I'm extremely excited for this expansion, and to see what all of the Old zones look like new, and being able to fly across them, etc... I don't feel like I'm being sold a minimal expansion at all.

Terae
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM

I think you're over exaggerating a little bit, it's true that a lot of people have a lot of alts, but on the other hand, a lot of people don't (such as me) for the simple reason that the old world is so tedious to level in. This is exactly what they're changing.

Not to mention the thousands of people leveling Worgen and Goblins.

Infusion101
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I dont think its a minimal expansion , in fact i think its the biggest one so far... but i do see your point , they might be just a little late with re-doing the old world