PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Question about locks / spec and rotation

draevo
06-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Morning tankspot!
To being off, I'd like to say warlocks are one of the chillest class to raid with as DPS, especially if you got a decent UI with DoT trackers and such.

The only problem is DPS. I know for sure that there are both good geared and good skilled people doing high DPS, but what rotation is nessecary to get the required dps for ICC?

Currently I'm demonology, fascinating spec I'd have to say with high crits as well as high burst when the mob is under 35% health. The problem is that I've not seen any decent lock guiles (might be just me that fails with google :P) out on the internets, and wondering how to improve my dps.
My rotation is: Curse of the elements before entering combat > Life tap for the glyph bonus > Shadow bolt (at once i'm finished casting with it I set my pet on charge) > Immolate > corruption (as both the pet, shadow bolt, immolate and corruption should land on the same time for more opening dps) followed by shadow bolt spam till molten core procs, then incinerate and refreshing immolate and corruption. When the target is at under 35%, I start using soul fire as well as refreshing immolate and corruption.

The problem is, before 35%, I can only manage to get a top of 8k-9k dps with the 25% more dmg buff from ICC. I've reset recount under 35% with bloodlust before, and managed to get up to 16,7k dps on a maximum, but the overall dps is never over 10-11k with the 25% buff from ICC. Is there anything I do bad? Should I change gems and equipp other items with different stats? Change spec?

Link to armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwhisper&cn=Frankendot

MellvarTank
06-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Elitist Jerks has the current guides for Warlock DPS. As I recall Demonology takes a DPS hit from doing CoE as well.

leethaxor
06-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Demo is more raid utility then dps, CoE and Demo Pack are HUGE raid buffs for dps casters (the spell power helps healers if I remember correct too). Your dps normally sits low on the meters until you explode dps in the last 35%.

draevo
06-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for reply-

So theres nothing I do wrong? It's just the class thats dealing low DPS compared to other classes because of the raid buffs demonology locks give? :)

Lakshata
06-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Demo is more raid utility then dps, CoE and Demo Pack are HUGE raid buffs for dps casters (the spell power helps healers if I remember correct too). Your dps normally sits low on the meters until you explode dps in the last 35%.
That. Last I raided, back before the buff I think I did 8k doing just what you did, and demonform+Immolation aura when possible. Also use Demonic Empowerment every CD of course if you aren't doing that.

One thing about your spec, if Possible, is take one point out of molten core, and the two out of supression, and put them in Improved Demonic Tactics.

draevo
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Alright, gotcha there.

Thanks for replies, helped me a lot :D

Xercxes
06-27-2010, 04:17 PM
As demo if you have an UH dk, boomkin, or spriest you don't use CoE. CoD if the fight has greater than 60 seconds left in the fight and CoA if you have less than 60 seconds. Also, your spec doesn't need the 2 points in suppression, they would go better in Improved Demonic Tactics. And on your cloak I would gem straight spellpower and avoid the socket bonus. Another point is some people argue that you only gem for the bonus on the Warlock on the gear if the spellpower bonus is greater than or equal to 7.

And like what was said earlier you should look at the guide on elitistjerks because that is one of the best guides for demonology warlocks out on the internet.

Chumples
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
if u want max dps go destro or affliction. im destro i can pull 10k most of the time however patch 4.0.1 comes out 2day so who knows. i hear that affliction will be best raid spec and that locks will be bumped 2 second dps posibility behind shadow priests. but thats just the word on the street.