PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Games

Clementine
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Anybody play fighting games namely Street Fighter 4?? Like more than "casual" and really just take time to learn characters and stuff??

There's a new Street Fighter game, Super Street Fighter 4, which is a balanced version with additional characters and moves for everyone on the roster. I was wondering if anybody else played, maybe get some online lobbies together and play and take a break away from the MMO grinds.

I'm on the Xbox and PS3 version under "SUPARSTARX"

Kazeyonoma
06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
i'm on the ps3 version, i haven't played sf4 much since the first month i got it, but i do have friends who play competitively (like really competitively, one qualified for EVO2k10 in las vegas and will be there in a few weeks! go Rich!!) but I am nowhere near as good as him, but I do play well. I'll add you sometime this weekend and maybe we can get a few games in, my main reason for not playing is that i'm a very joystick heavy user (I have a custom joystick handmade by said evo competitor) and i played a ton of sf3:3rd strike on ps2 with him playing small tournaments in my area. I'm waiting to get in contact with him again to swap out my ps2 controls in my joystick with a ps3 controller so I can get back into it. (i really dislike using the analog controller for fighting games, my thumb just doesn't work the same as my entire hand/wrist/arm especially when trying to execute moves like 720 rotations to do super grabs -- think Zangief Super Atomic Buster)

Eoika
06-24-2010, 05:28 PM
(i really dislike using the analog controller for fighting games, my thumb just doesn't work the same as my entire hand/wrist/arm especially when trying to execute moves like 720 rotations to do super grabs -- think Zangief Super Atomic Buster)

Charge Characters are impossible for me on a controller, but a joystick everything flows together.

Kazeyonoma
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
exactly!

Clementine
07-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I've found that charge characters make my thumb tired from holding down too long lol. I play one on joystick though since you just need to flick your wrist and just keep it rested instead so it's more manageable.

Kazeyonoma
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
yep.

poor rsyoo, my friend in evo 2010, he got put in group A, aka death group with Daigo umehara, John Choi and a few other big names >.<

Clementine
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
R.I.P to him lol! I wish I had the time and money to go travel to EVO.

Nonetheless, it's going to be HUGE this year, G4 is covering it live through their internet stream and they're going to devote a full episode to it afterwards. I'm so hyped up.

EVO this week!

Kazeyonoma
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I hope i see my friend on G4!