PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Haste Dimminishing returns?

Leorance
06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi simple question here.. for a fury warrior, does haste have diminishing returns? I have been told that haste as a stat is not good for a fury warrior and to stay away from it best I can. Any input here would be great. Thanks.

timtim89
06-19-2010, 11:42 AM
yes haste does have a DR on it

Macbrother
06-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes but the value is so high you are very unlikely to reach it through normal gear progression. While haste is not as good as Str, Crit, or ArP, it's nothing to "shy away" from, and is significantly superior to +hit past the 164 soft cap. Just don't gem for it.

Leorance
06-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok so what you are saying is that Haste, as long as its not stacked as a stat, is ok for a warrior? For instance a chest in ICC drops that beats my T9 in other stats but has haste on it instead, pass or roll? and also, on cloak enchant, AGI+22 or haste?

Khilbron
06-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Because the crit cap is so easily achievable in further progressions of T10 gear, you will eventually start converting your str/crit gems over to str/haste gems, aside from that you don't go out of your way to obtain haste.

Erkebrand
06-21-2010, 12:15 AM
... you will eventually start converting your str/crit gems over to str/haste gems

That would have been true if the "game was working as intended". However recent findings on EJ suggest otherwise, which is why i would point to Ralliks rather long post that touches on the subject (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37680-depth_fury_dps_discussion/p128/#post1672984), and concludes

TL;DR: Queuing HS a lot makes your OH not miss. Lots of crit makes DW do broken things. Hit rating past the soft cap is beyond terrible, the crit cap is something you should stop worrying about, and crit rating is better than you thought. Don't gem haste.