PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Rotation start question

Loganisis
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I see a lot of back and forth over starting with BT or WW and I feel like I'm missing something because for the life of me, I can't understand why you'd start with BT.

WW is the highest damage ability, why would you ever start with anything else? Or is it because it's a huge threat burst and giving the tank a GCD to build a lead is better?

Erkebrand
06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
It doesnt really matter which ability you start with as long as you keep the optimal rotation. What matters is how many times you can squeeze in both abilities within a given timeframe. The two abilities will always follow eachother in a fixed order since their GCD's are 4 and 8 seconds - in the same way that it doesnt matter if you start walking with your left foot or the right ;-)

Within a 17.5 second window you have exactly the same number of used abilities:

0.0 WW
1.5 BT
5.5 BT
8.0 WW
9.5 BT
13.5 BT
16.0 WW
17.5 BT
that gives you 3 WW and 5 BT

or

0.0 BT
1.5. WW
4.0. BT
8.0 BT
9.5 WW
12.0 BT
16.0 BT
17.5 WW
that also gives you 3 WW and 5 BT

However if you knew beforehand how long a given fight would be, I guess you could decide which ability would be optimal to start with. I have just gotten used to start with BT, so im sticking with that.

Destruyen
06-18-2010, 05:53 PM
i like erkebrand said it's personal preference on which rotation you use since it's really about fitting in the same number of abilities in a certain time frame.

i prefer the bt -> ww rotation since it just flows better to me.

Tinytankz
06-18-2010, 08:37 PM
BT will also start your weapons swinging on the target if you didn't right click him. Whirlwind does not i am a clicker and i tab target so that's why i start with BT