PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Whats wrong?

jayntrish
06-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Ok so i been doing alot of H Instances and alot of people are complaining about my gear and i am specd wrong. I dont really understand why beings i am capd on defense and i hold aggro through all encounters weather it be a boss or a trash mob. Can any1 lend me some advice on what i maybe doing wrong. This is my wow armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&cn=Jollyfatguy i am working on getting the emblem of triumph trinkets and a new 2h weapon. Im thinking i maybe gemd wrong but im not too sure. ANY advice you can give will be very appreciated. Sorry if theres 100s of these types of posts but ive been reading all over and cant really find what im personally doing wrong. Once again TY in advance.

Snods
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Well for starters you should have taken 'Blade Barrier' in the first tier of blood, 'Toughness' in Frost first tier and 'Anticipation' in Unholy's first tier.
Bloodworms isn't really a tanking talent, neither is Dancing Rune Weapon.
I'd say go look up some Death Knight Blood Tanking specs for pointers.

Mend
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi,

Sattori has a great guide on Death Knight tanking over on the Theorycraft forums, stickied right on top.

Here are a few things you can improve easily:

* Stamina is the only thing you should gem for, so switch out any non stamina gems except for 1 Purple gem to activate your meta gem.

* Getting the tier bonus does not necessarly mean they are better, unless you raid Heroic 25 ToC to be able to upgrade with tokens. Buy the offset pieces with emblems of triumph (Shoulders, Helm, Trinket) and also buy crusader orbs to craft the Chestpiece and Bracers.

* Buy runed orbs to craft the belt and boots dropped in ulduar.

* Farm for the following: Tyranical Beaheder, The black heart, Mark of the relentless.

* Buy the PvP cloak, ilvl 264 to boost your gearscore for PuGs until you get a proper tanking cloak and the stamina on it outweighs the Defense,dodge,parry on the one you have.

* This the the basic Frost 2h tanking spec, you have 5 points left to spend wherever you like: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#j0EZhxx0AbIockbuzAo0x

jayntrish
06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
well i changed specs and finally got a new 2h sword doing much better holding alot better aggro and not dying as easily and havent had one complaint yet. TY guys for all your help!