PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Glyph of Indomitability; trinket-swapping?

Jjvalour
06-15-2010, 11:32 AM
So I'm checking to see if I have this understood correctly.
The armor of the Glyph trinket is good for EH, I think.
I currently have the Bitter Balebrew Charm, and the Black Heart.
I think I should be replacing the Charm with the Glyph for melee heavy fights, and if I get into a magic-heavy fight I should replace the glyph with the charm again, since HP is a better buffer against magic damage?
Am I understanding that right?

Kyoki
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Magic heavy fights = double stam trinkets
Everything else = stam + armor trinkets

The reason for this is that armor provides a very predictable amount of damage reduction to every physical attack. Consistantly taking less damage is always a very good thing, avoidance is not consistant and is very unpredictable so its often viewed as with alittle bad since bad luck it can very easily get you killed and wipe the raid. For magic heavy fights the armor bonus is fairly useless since magic damage ignores armor so double stam trinkets are best used. More health creates a larger buffer between how much damage you can take and how much you actually do take.

MellvarTank
06-15-2010, 02:45 PM
The Glyph of Indomitability gives you approx. 159 stam (1700 armor on it, right?) in a physical damage fight.

The Balebrew Charm is terribad as it has no on-use. Get the Corroded Skeleton Key as soon as possible... or run ToC 25 for Satrina's Impending Scarab/Jugg's Vitality.