PDA

View Full Version : Shaman elemental shaman, how do i kill stuff good?

crabopolis
06-15-2010, 10:24 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Eonsbane
So a friend had an opening for a ranged DPS in her ICC10 group, I picked my shaman blew thru 48 hours straight of playing and a few gifts for my birthday from a friend to get some gear scraped together hoping i can atleast manage the first wing. In running the weekly raid and some VOA's i think my DPS (3k-4k) is under where it could be. I've read other posts, and i may have over gemmed SP and under gemmed haste. My rotation as closesly as i can follow it while running for my life is and i know some of my spell names may be off but i only started blaying him again 2 days ago.... fire shock, lava blast, lightning blast x3 usually i think rinse and repeat

Nehama
06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.maxdps.com/shaman/elemental.php?z=US&r=draenor&n=Eonsbane

A little about what you see there:
1) At the top there's the most commonly used rotation [best? I donno, just one that everyone use, so prolly best sticking to that till you figure out if you could improve it].
2) at the side you can see: Stats, Max DPS [you'll never reach it, but you could get a 200-300 dps from it if you work hard on the keys and don't have to move much :P] and [most important] what stats you should increase and how much it'd benefit your dps. Note that as long as you're not hit capped, hit will usually be the most benefictual stat there is - if you miss an attack you do 0 [!] damage, lowering your dps by alot. At some point haste might over power spell power [Donno how it works for shammies, but for some classes it's like that], so just check every once in a while what that calc [or any other, if you know of better ones] says.

jafager
06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Your spec is fine. Replace Glyph of Flame Shock with Glyph of Lightning Bolt. Replace that meta gem with Chaotic Skyflare Diamond. Go pry Surgeon's Needle out of Heroic Pit of Saron. Farm regular Trial of the Crusader for the Abyssal Rune, and dump Talisman of Resurgence. Try to get enough hit on your gear that you can dump Shard of the Crystal Heart and get something like Nevermelting Ice Crystal or Sundial of the Exiled. The gems in your pants aren't epic, and your shield has no enchant. Your weapon enchant is the cheap version (though I assume you're holding out for a better weapon).

If anything, you are making a mistake gemming for haste at all. I am not aware of any situation in which Elemental would rather have more haste than more spell power (I could be wrong, but certainly not at your gear level).

crabopolis
06-17-2010, 11:35 AM
ok, gear has been updated, got the dagger out of PoS. only wook 3 runs. On my server everyone tells me to stack more haste than SP for high end raiding, trying to get lightning bolt down to a sec cast time. but will make the glyph change and prob dish out the 450g for epic gems on legs.. i was just broke after buying the legs. shield is new just haven't able to get chant yet. and with my spec hit cap is 13% right?