PDA

View Full Version : Paladin tank/dps returning after 6 months

Biggjudicem
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey everybody

I'm a Tankadin (with ret offspec) that's returning after a very long break from the game. I was just wondering if anybody would be able to give some input on my spec/gear (which you can see from the links below). and before you coment on my bad gear, I was only able to progress as far as faction champs in 10-man ToC; never did ICC or Ony.

and as an added 'bonus': my WoW got uninstalled and all my addons got wiped at some point and I cannot remember what the hell I was using. Does anybody know any good addon/UI packages that would be good for me?

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Biggjudicem
wow-heroes: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Kael%27thas&name=biggjudicem

Caine
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Lots of stuff to say.

1. Spec. -> http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMh0c. Yours isn't drasticly different but you can stand to move some points around to get the most out of them.
2. Gems. Your def/stam gems and dodge/stam gems can almost all go away. Keep one purple gem and have the rest go +30 stam.
3. You seem to be abnormally low on defense. I suggest getting the 245 tank ring from badges to replace your ring that doesn't have any defense. That should free up your shield and back enchants to be stamina and armor, respecively
4. Change boots to Tuskaar's vitality to help mitigate loosing pursuit of justice
5. I suggest getting crafted 245 chest and bracers, and 264 legs and feet.
6. It doesn't look like you spent any frost emblems yet. I strongly suggest getting the tank cloak first. It's only 50 badges and it will serve you until cataclysm
7. Get black heart to replace the brewfest trinket.
8. Swap out the agility glove enchant with a heavy borean armor kit.

In short, most of your problems can be fixed by chaining heroics for a few days to bring it up to par.

For the rest, I got nothing

damianicus
06-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Sound advice until #8
You want Armsman on gloves, +2% thread and 10 Parry

Harmacy
06-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Sound advice until #8
You want Armsman on gloves, +2% thread and 10 Parry

Personal preference. Armsman is OK, but 2% threat is a small amount and really only necessary if you're desperate for more threat (and there are several other measures that don't lose EH, like swapping out a dodge libram for the strength one).

+18 stam or +240 armor are both solid choices for a glove enchant.

Solid advice from Caine. I would recommend grabbing Seal of Command (for AoE tanking, perfect for tanking heroics, and if you get into ICC it's useful for Gunship adds, trash, and Dreamwalker) and Pursuit of Justice instead of the crit talent however, crit is really a small boost to our threat generation.

Black Heart is an upgrade to Brewfest in most situations, however make sure you hold on to your dual Brewfest trinkets for magic fights where the armor does you little good.

I'd also replace your shoulder enchant with the +30 stam PvP one (available for 10k honor in SW - the 15 resil also drops the uncrittable mark down to 536).

If you find yourself with threat issues, pick up the 245 strength libram and use it for boss fights. All you lose is dodge, which isn't crucial to being a good tank.

All in all, your gear could handle a wing or two of ICC 10 at the moment, but you should probably start off with chaining 5-mans and maybe a ToC 10/25 or two to get back in the swing of things. :-)

Biggjudicem
06-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the advice and input.

As soon as I re-activate my account, I'll be grinding heroics to get the badge gear I need.
As far as I know, I have armsman on my gloves (Don't know why the armory says I have "Enchant Weapon- greater Agility" on my gloves)
I do have The Black Heart sitting in my bank and I'll hold on to the trinket for the more magic-based fights.

I may go with that talent build, but drop 1 pt. from Imp. judgment and move it to Benediction, then move the points in conviction to SoC(for AoE tanking) and persuit