View Full Version : Tanking The ICC tanking requirements.
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok I'm trying to get the ball rolling on tanking ICC and I'm unsure if My paladin is good enough to tank ICC 10man. On my server, this is very Gearscore rules all server. So my question is my pally tank good enough or what stats should i shoot for tanking ICC 10man? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&cn=Galvatrona
To me, not know the stats are what is key I think. but maybe I'm wrong.
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
enchant your boots, chest, weapon and cloak. Replace icks trinket with the glyph and your good to go. I didnt look at your spec but im not the best with pally specs but il assume thats good. Your gearing properly from what i can see and are just missing those few enchants. Just keep gearing for EH like you already are and you will be just fine. I would get your badge cloak/belt and then go for the gloves but thats just personal preference.
boots - stam/minor run speed increase
chest - health
weapon - mongoose
cloak - armor
06-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Max your professions and enchant your gear.
06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Agree with what they said above. Most people want to know that their tank has done everything they can possibly do to be prepared. Missing or bad enchants/gems/glyphs is a no-no.
Check out the tankspot thread on your tanking class to get the info you need to be as ready as possible.
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
New trinket too, Ick's rotting thumb is substandard for ICC imho. Frosty badge stam trinket, Satrina's or Glyph of Indom would be fun.
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Going through your armory...
1. Already stated, enchant your chest, boots, cloak and weapon
2. Also already stated, max your proffessions. That's 123 stamina your missing!
3. Again, swap out the thumb. Armor trinket from triumph badges would be more usefull
4. Glyphs. Unless you are having problems with trash, Judgement will be better for bosses, or if you want to ensure your taunts almost never miss (for fights like saurfang and festergut), glyph of rightous defense. Either of these should replace the Hammer Glyph
5. Spec. Get rid of Pursuit of justic in favor of Tuskaar's vitality. I don't know what your raid composition is, but if you have a ret pally, drop improved might and vindication. All spare points should be put into conviction. If you don't have a ret pally in the raid, I suggest to still remove pursuit of justice and improved might, put a second point in improved judgements, and go 3/5 conviction with 2/2 vindication.
6. Crafted tanking boots and pants will give you a substancial boost. It's a shame you got the tier 10 pants instead. Not a massive shame, but the crafted legs are much better for much more content.
7. Replace your hand enchant with a heavy borean armor kit unless you really, really, need that 2% threat.
Thats it. Overall not bad, lots of quick easy fixes. Your gemming is solid and the rest of the enchants you do have are proper.
Personally, I would not recommend you to enter ICC10 untill you got about half that list fixed. Even then, your gear will be hurting you a bit, and you might not be able to tank the harder hitting bosses such as festergut purely because of gear. However, most fights should be doable for you, I'd wager about 9/12 with your current gear and the 20% buff.
Hope this helps and good luck.
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
However, most fights should be doable for you, I'd wager about 9/12 with your current gear and the 20% buff.
Agree. Fix the prof's and the chants and you're good to go. The fights are pretty easy to learn if you haven't seen them. Two or three attempts and you'll have them down. Took a newly minted pally tank alt, who wasn't nearly as geared as you, but who was chanted and knew the fights in this past Saturday. 6/12 with no problem whatsoever. Had to call it because of the time, but otherwise we just rolled.
06-21-2010, 01:33 AM
ok cool thank guys