PDA

View Full Version : Will Classic WoW zones have environmental textures renovated to look like cata zones?

Valandris
06-14-2010, 05:10 AM
I looked lost isles and felt like that's what STV should look like with today's technology.

In fact, I think if blizz is going to change things in cataclysm, why don't they modernize the texture quality of their zones? When you go to a classic zone, it has the look. BC zones have the BC look. WoTLK zones have the WoTLK look. It's like as you level up you see Blizz's technological development.

Secondly, will the looks for various races change? For example, I can understand a human warrior being really muscled up and all, but it seems a bit odd that a priest or mage would also be a pro body builder. And quite personally I do feel like female humans are a bit...chunky. It's like blizz aimed for the wide hips kinda gal but missed by a long shot.

When you compare say blood elves to night elves, you can tell a slight difference in the technological development in their graphics.

Just my two cents: Blizz should modernize in-game graphics.

Crommi
06-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Cataclysm zones will probably be re-textured, at least those that receive major changes. If you go around changing the geometry, you will almost certainly have to redo texture work and it makes sense for Blizzard to use their current higher resolution patterns that you already see being used in the TBC and Wotlk zones.

As for character models, you probably won't see different types of bodies because it just makes it even more difficult to design new pieces of armor, already there's plenty of overlapping geometry with certain models and attempts to fix those issues have usually caused something else to break. For example, at one point during TBC orc males had extremely tiny shoulderpieces after one patch and while it got fixed pretty quickly, their shoulderpieces have been in slightly different angles ever since.

Valandris
06-14-2010, 08:18 AM
I actually remember the time when orc males had that issue.