PDA

View Full Version : Mage Desesperate help!!!!!

cizin
06-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi to all!! i'm new here, and need your help!!

I have 5k of gs!!!! and my dps is too low!!! is about 2.5k!!!!!!!!
The rotation i use is 4 times Arcane Blast then Arcane Missiles.

This is my char
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Cizin

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harmacy
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
I would suggest more exclamation points.

(I couldn't resist)

OK, I'm not an expert on mages but I do see a few glaring problems with your armory. You don't have Incineration in the fire tree (6% crit on Arcane Blast) and only have 2/3 Torment the Weak. You also have Evocation and Mirror Image glyphed instead of Molten Armor (moar crit) and Arcane Blast (moar damage).

You are also way over the hit cap. Remember that the hit cap for spells is 17% - you get 6% from talents, and assuming there is a Shadow Priest or Boomkin in the raid that's another 3%. So your hitcap is 11%, or a mere 8% depending on raid buffs. You're over 16% - work on losing some of that hit rating.

You also have some very poor gemming choices. Chaotic Skyflare should be your meta no questions asked, and spell penetration is a PvP stat. Missing some enchants too.

Selene
06-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Okay for gems.
Blue = Spellpower/Spirit
Yellow = Spellpower/Haste
Red = Spellpower

That is the general theme to gem as a Mage, unless you want to just go all Spellpower. Only gem for a socket bonus if it gives Spellpower.

MP5 gear is "healer" gear or Shammy gear. You want Spirit gear if you are even going to bother with a "mp5 stat"

ENCHANT your Gear, and get a Belt Buckle.

Goros
06-14-2010, 05:10 AM
He sent me a PM, I went through it all with him.

He will probably be back for rotation and macro advice, but lets do one thing at a time.

It's rare to see a character that resembles a barbie paper doll where stuff was cut out and slapped on wherever it fit.

cizin
06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
uhmmmmmm, thats right hahahaha, thanks for your help, i'm changing the gems and enchants (waiting for the guilg jc and ench) :p

Deedles
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
2 blue gems, just enough to activate meta. Only match the blue sockets with the best SP bonuses (+7 or +9).

Cape can be easily upgraded to : http://www.wowhead.com/item=51332

ABC: Always be casting, pick up spamming skills as well. By this I mean Spam the key for the spell you want next while another spell is casting. Don't do this for arcane missiles though. Never clip a missile unless you need to get out of fire.

Abyssal rune > NMIC

/cast arcane power
/cast icy veins
/use trinket

Use this @ the beginning, then use AP as soon as it's back up. Then wait for both to be off CD again to use.

cizin
06-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm on 5k dps and rising! Thanks to all!