PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warrior Rotation problems can you help ??

LostProphet
06-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Hell all

I have had to post this thread because I am having real trouble with my Fury Warrior Rotation.
I am relatively well geared and in ICC25 I am having trouble breaking the 5K DPS mark.
I am pretty sure it is my rotation that is letting me down. I think I am messing up the heroic strike and Slam entries into my rotation at the right times.

Should i only use Slam when Bloodsurge Procs??

Also can anyone suggest a good clear concise rotation for me to get the maximum out of my fury warrior DPS.
At the moment I use BT-WW-Slam-BT-WW-Slam
I know I need to use heroic strike when my rage is around the 60 mark. But it is correctly entering heroic strike without messing up my rotation that is causing me my main bad dps problem.
Is there any way I can rectify this. Or can anyone suggest A way i can get this right.
I really could use some honest and clear non over complicated advice here

LostProphet
06-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I would also like to know what is the best Fury warrior talent build for PvE such as ICC10/25
aswell as glyphs can someone please post me this as of patch 3.3.3

Zag
06-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Hey,

what worked for me is not using Bloodrage and Beserker rage too often or seldom.

Had too much rage every time i hit those buttons. I was using em every time they are up and this is not necesarry.

Im still not on the dps i want to have but im between 8 and 10k on Saurfang 25 man for example.

Try to chill on using ur rotation and check ur ragebar. Wait a sec before u use the next one.

Im using BT-WW pretty much all the time, HS when the other 2 have relatively long cd. Slam on proc.

Good luck.

Crommi
06-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Make sure you use BT and WW soon as they're up, followed by instant Slams. If you feel like you're drowning in red waves of rage as most fury warriors are at current gearlevel, keep HS in queue but make sure you have enough rage to keep using BT, WW and instant-slams when they come up. I don't think regular slam is really worth using unless you can be absolutely certain that you can time it so that it doesn't interfere with your regular weapon swings.

Dreadski
06-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't use regular slam, it messes with your swing timer. Only use it when bloodsurge procs or if you were arms and had improved slam.

Loganisis
06-14-2010, 09:50 AM
An armory link would help too. There might be a fundemntal issue in the spec/gear/glyphs etc that could help you boost output.

But generally it's BT + WW, then Slam on proc but in the dead space between a BT/WW.

Also, how do you use your CDs? You should always stack CDs/Procs. For Example, if you have a trinket that on use grants 1000 AP, you should use Deathwish and the trinket together. If you don't, then you should use Deathwish when a proc happens (for such as a 'chance on hit to increase AP by 1000), and use it when the proc occurs.

Kshatriya
06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Only Slam when Bloodsurge procs, period. I'm sitting at a 5k GS and I pull 8-9K+ in ICC 25 on melee favored fights (Festergut, Saurfange, etc..).

I use this rotation:

BT > WW > Free GCD (Rend Macro / Shout / Bloodsurge Proc / Execute / Cooldowns / Sunder / etc..) > BT > Free GCD (Same as before) > Repeat

On Free GCD's - I try to use Bloodsurge Procs early on, and If I don't have Bloodsurge I'll pop CD's early then use my Rend macro. You have plenty of time between your BT/WW cooldowns to stance-dance and get a rend off, and this is a DPS gain. If you are the only Warrior, Tank or DPS, it is a DPS gain to weave Sunders into your free GCD's and keep the max stacks refreshed.

The Free GCD's get a bit trickier in the execute phase, there is a good article written somewhere that describes if you should Slam or Execute in the execute phase, but I can't find it right now.

Also, you want to use Heroic Strike as much as possible without rage starving yourself. A good rule of thumb is above 50 rage queue HS. There is a Warrior bug however that removes the offhand miss chance of your offhand weapon whenever an on-next-swing attack is queued. Basically, if you have HS or Cleave queued, your offhand swings will act like main-hand swings.

Based on gear level you can almost get away with spamming Heroic Strike, but take care not to rage starve yourself.

I hope this helps... I'm not an expert but I have a bit of skill and I've studied up quite a bit. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread if you need any more help.

gd_void
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
WW -> BT -> Slam(proc) -> BT -> WW, Rather standard, as said only slam on proc, the reason behind this is when you Slam it Resets your Swing Timer so Not only are you losing DPS but you are Losing Rage as well. I personally Push back Every Ability to hit a Slam proc, I also Spam HS, During the Execute Phase i stop With HS And go WW -> BT -> Execute -> Execute -> BT -> WW.

As for CD use there are two rules that i follow A, When is Bloodlust Coming(aka off the bat or late in the fight) B, Will Deathwish Kill me?

If Bloodlust is coming right off the bat you want to hit your Recklessness then Deathwish macro(/cast Racial;/cast Deathwish;/use Trinket) And blow the mob up

If Bloodlust is Late in the fight, then as a Rule of thumb I count to Five and Pop Recklessness And my Deathwish macro

After this Use Deathwish the moment it comes up regardless of what you have to push back for it, and Use Recklessness Right before you WW So that your Three Recklessness Strikes should be WW -> BT -> HS

Spec Suggestion:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#Lhbf0fhZGxc0E0u0eRVzAo:msGV0z

Bung
06-22-2010, 03:45 AM
I think you asked about glyphs...heroic strike, cleave, whirlwind. The spec to use has some variables. In the arms tree you should put points in improved heroic strike, rend, tactical mastery, deep wounds, impale, and 2 handed specialization. In fury tree you have some options. Two things to skip are unbridled wrath and improved berserker rage. I like to put points in heroic fury and piercing howl and improved execute. Others put those 3 points into more powerful shouts.

Dekar
06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
WW -> BT -> Slam(proc) -> BT -> WW, Rather standard, as said only slam on proc, the reason behind this is when you Slam it Resets your Swing Timer so Not only are you losing DPS but you are Losing Rage as well. I personally Push back Every Ability to hit a Slam proc, I also Spam HS, During the Execute Phase i stop With HS And go WW -> BT -> Execute -> Execute -> BT -> WW.

As for CD use there are two rules that i follow A, When is Bloodlust Coming(aka off the bat or late in the fight) B, Will Deathwish Kill me?

If Bloodlust is coming right off the bat you want to hit your Recklessness then Deathwish macro(/cast Racial;/cast Deathwish;/use Trinket) And blow the mob up

If Bloodlust is Late in the fight, then as a Rule of thumb I count to Five and Pop Recklessness And my Deathwish macro

After this Use Deathwish the moment it comes up regardless of what you have to push back for it, and Use Recklessness Right before you WW So that your Three Recklessness Strikes should be WW -> BT -> HS

Spec Suggestion:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#Lhbf0fhZGxc0E0u0eRVzAo:msGV0z

You really shouldn't push back a WW or BT for a Slam! proc, it will always be a net dps loss. If you have to lose a Slam! proc to keep WW and BT on cd, then that's best to do

Destruyen
06-26-2010, 09:50 AM
You really shouldn't push back a WW or BT for a Slam! proc, it will always be a net dps loss

its ok to push bt/ww back .5 seconds or less for slam (and a dps gain), anything more is a dps loss.

Dekar
06-26-2010, 10:11 AM
its ok to push bt/ww back .5 seconds or less for slam (and a dps gain), anything more is a dps loss.

I know the .5 second rule is ok but he said he holds back every ability for a slam proc so I was just assuming that every slam proc he got during an encounter would not fall into that .5 second window if he held back for every slam.

LostProphet
06-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Thank's for all the great replies guys.

Keep up the good work.
Please keep posting any more valuable hints and tips on how to max A Fury Warriors DPS.
I'm sure not only myself will find this thread very useful