PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tank now going ARMS DPS - Advice?

Kaoscontrol
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey folks i was wondering if you could help out greatley here.

Ever since wrath i've been a tank and pretty much know nothing but tanking spec. However now comes to the time where the guild is in need of an arms warrior and i've chosen to take up that space to give me something fresh and new, and i was wondering if people could help out.

Basically i need advice on everything as i've never touched DPS before! so taking up arms is going to be a challenge.

To be quite fair, there is no point in me actually linking my gear or anything as at the moment all i have is 2 T10 pieces (gloves and head) annnd Ramaldni's blade of culling, literally it is all new to me!

at current this is the spec i'm toying with ; http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LcrcbfIt00bRdGuioGx00xb:smq0zM

allowing me to use sweeping strikes instead of cleave and also allowing to keep that commanding shout buff up a little more ;). Obviously im going for as a high a DPS as i can so if anyone can advise differently please do!

GEMMING - Am i right to be thinking that ArP for arms is a better gem spec that i should be taking over pure strength? If so! WHY?! :P

Enchanting - what enchs should i be looking at?

General stats - overall as i say - i've never touched Melee DPS before so i would actually like to know what stats on gear i should be looking at? Crit? hit? not a clue so please! enlighten if possible :)

and finally - a roation! only dabbling in PVP where its more tactics that button mashing, i havent a clue what rotation or attacks i should be using - so enlightenment would be greatley appretiated!

Cheers
Griim

SeptimX
06-10-2010, 07:15 PM
my friend found this online a while back and suggested it to me:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=11587171959&sid=1&pageNo=1

Griff
06-10-2010, 07:41 PM
My advice - go back to prot. Not enuff tanks in the random queue for my dps. Plus, you're a tank for heaven's sake, not some mealy-mouth plate wearing dps.

Dobraine
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
My advice - go back to prot. Not enuff tanks in the random queue for my dps. Plus, you're a tank for heaven's sake, not some mealy-mouth plate wearing dps.

if you want a tank so bad in your queue's why dont you become one?

anyway some alrite starter infor here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425710577&sid=1 when i went arms went there but changed to fury as i like 2x 2h weapons >.< tho I am back to tanking again

Griff
06-11-2010, 08:24 AM
if you want a tank so bad in your queue's why dont you become one?

I was just kidding and my main toon is actually a protection warrior. So yeah.

Kaoscontrol
06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Some useful theads there for certain - thanks folks

annnnd dont worry ;) my warrior will forever have a prot spec - its just at the moment the guild have 5 tanks :) 2 warriors, 1 palanub, 1 drood annd a death knight :) soo i've stepped away from it in search of a new DPS challenge! Tanking will forever be at my heart ;)

anything else anyone can send my way would be greatley appretiated :)

SeptimX
06-12-2010, 12:52 AM
simple rotation: charge, rend, mortal strike, overpower, slam/execute
and pop crit trinket, and bladestorm like crazy... just let the tank get aggro first...
but of course don't expect to top DPS at once.

read that link i gave you, very insightful.