PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Best Dps ?

Zaknafien88
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I just made my first Death knight and im trying to figure out what is the best rotation/tree to go into for doin the highest amount of Dps... i enjoy my fury warrior but wanted to try a DK since i have never done anything else but Dps as a warrior... Can anyone help me? ive been told unholy and a few others have told me blood im trying to look for a good build a good rotation and trying to figure out which one of the two is best.... greatly appreciate any help you guys can give

Oblivion1982
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
try http://deathknightbuilds.com/ its a very useful website I used and gives you info on all specs. Hope this helps

Zxian
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Quickly looking over that website, it doesn't really look that great. There's no indication of what the benefits of each of the talent trees are, what the value of each talent is (i.e. BcB vs Subversion vs KM vs BI, etc etc), and so on and so forth. Also what isn't mentioned is how difficult GoD can be to make work in a frost rotation, which can have a very significant impact on your DPS.

The best source I've managed to find for class-specific DPS questions and answers is Elitist Jerks. Here's the link to the Death Knight forums. (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/) Generally speaking, Frost and Unholy are both competitive as you're gearing up through ICC, and Blood will catch up as your gear improves (ilvl 264+). Pick a talent tree that fits with your playstyle and stick with it. The more you practice, the better you'll get. I prefer Frost since I find it much less boring than the fixed rotation that Unholy gives you.

Krenian
06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
You kinda might wanna look at the guide that's stickied up here in the DPS section..? I hear there was a pretty lofty amount of work put in it and they go into detail about stuff like this.

Of course, that's just me talking, I might be crazy.

PatrikL
06-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Agree with Krenian, that guide is a very good start not just saying which specs work at the moment but also what theirs strengths are and more importantly how use to use them properly.

I can tell you from experience that the frost spec with no points in Subversion produces a lot of threat so dont expect to be able to go full out in pugs if you arent lucky to get some good tanks. I have one point myself there and still have issues those few times I run with non guild tanks.