PDA

View Full Version : Healing What are the pitfalls of this spec?

Bodisapha
06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Here's the Armory Link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Kael%27thas&cn=Bodisapha&group=1

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds, having Circle of Healing all while having a PW:S similar to a Disc Priest that is instant cast.

Please critique! Thank you!

Bashal
06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm no expert with priests, but you lack an external tank cooldown (pain suppression/guardian spirit).

I knew a priest that took a similar approach, it was occasionally annoying that she didn't have a cooldown to throw around, but was a good enough healer to make up for it most times that it mattered.

Harmacy
06-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Are you sure that you linked to the correct spec? Because I see this player having two fairly ordinary (if subpar) talent specs, neither skips the 51-point talent of GS or Penance.

If you're thinking about a Disc/Holy hybrid, don't. You're not a Disc Priest without Penance, and you're not a Holy Priest without Guardian Spirit. Both are amazing, class-defining, unskippable talents. If you have a healing spec that picks up neither (and you're level 80), you're doing it wrong.

Technically you CAN heal without either, but then again you could probably heal some content without a single talent point allocated, too. If you're at all looking to be a decent raider (or even heal 5-mans), you need to have that 51-point talent. End of story.

The deepest I'd go in the Disc tree for Holy is to pick up 3/3 Mental Agility (to help with mana if you're a Renew/CoH/PoM spammer), and the furthest anyone goes in the Holy tree for Disc is to pick up Improved Healing, if you use Greater Heal heavily and want to reduce its mana cost.

Generally, you only have 13-14 points in the other tree, and the rest in your tree of choice.

Bashal
06-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Are you sure that you linked to the correct spec? Because I see this player having two fairly ordinary (if subpar) talent specs, neither skips the 51-point talent of GS or Penance.

Just looked again, it's different from when I looked at it yesterday.

Technically you CAN heal without either, but then again you could probably heal some content without a single talent point allocated, too. If you're at all looking to be a decent raider (or even heal 5-mans), you need to have that 51-point talent. End of story.

Oh, I agree. Those abilities add a degree of flexibility that really shouldn't be skipped.

Bodisapha
06-14-2010, 12:04 PM
As many of you saw, my holy spec was changed even before you could get to it lol. I just like to throw it out there every once and again. Thanks for the advice and as you can see, I'm closer to the cookie cutter raid spec for Holy now. Thanks again for the input!