View Full Version : Warrior Tank gear
06-09-2010, 09:18 AM
What should be my gear priority now? How are my gems and enchants and glyphs?
06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
The only 2 improvements that I see right off the top are the Corroded Skelleton Key would be a good replacement for the Bubbling Charm and you could use a shield upgrade. There is a pretty decent one that drops off of Marrowgar, so if you kill him a few more times you should be looking good.
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Your gems look good - just personal pref. but I would replace your +10 all-stats gem with the +expertise/+stam purple.
1) Consider using the +armor kit on your gloves
2) Maybe switch shield to +stam once you pass 540 def. without the +def enchant there
gear priority, in my opinion should be:
1) mace and neck piece from Marrowgar 10 would both be really good for you
2) shield from TotC is a good upgrade if you can't get one to drop from ICC 10
3) t10 shoulder, then t10 helm from frost badges
4) trinket - either satrina's from TotC, or the skeleton key if you have enough frost badges
* edited to add - on the shield - I *think* there is a decent shield that drops in one of the icecrown 5-man heroics now, but I can't find a ref. for it right now. That may be an earlier option, if you're not able to lay hands on one from TotC or ICC.
I would say run ICC 10 every reset, as far as you can get, if available to you. Also run TotC (pref. 25, but there is also a shield in 10-man) for fill in pieces until you get the ICC 10 shield and frost-badge-trinket.
Yours are mostly fine, possible changes to consider:
major: swap in the glyph of shield wall in place of your cleave glyph.
major: carry extra blocking and taunt glyphs, so you can swap to taunt on specific fights if needed (frex. saur fang)
minor: if you need to keep commanding shout up for your raids, consider replacing your charge glyph with glyph of command - the extra duration is handy
Overall - your spec is good, and it looks like you're on the right track and working on it. Best advice is to keep going. Run your daily whenever time allows, weekly every week, icc 10 + TotC 25 every reset if possible. The upgrades will come as fast as your play-time (and raid-group access) will support basically.
Hope this is helpful...just how I would do it - others with more experience than I may have a better idea on the gear-priority-order.
06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
That Awesome shield you're referring to is in Regular HoR - Splintered door of the citadel http://www.wowhead.com/item=49835
I'm working on farming it now... To replace my crappy shield. 8(
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM
A spec with Improved Disciplines and without Glyph of Shield Wall has always seemed out of place to me. My advice is either pick both or neither. I'd suggest dropping Glyph of Cleaving for either Glyph of Shield Wall or Glyph of Taunt. I've found the best approach to gearing/specing/glyphing/etc is to consider boss encounters first and foremost. And while Glyph of Cleaving is a fantastic 5 man glyph, it's pretty lacking for the majority of boss fights.
06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Switch the 10 stat gem in your belt for 10 dodge/15 stamina, change your glove enchant to either 18 stam or 240 armor, weapon enchant to mongoose or blood draining, and your shield enchant to 18 stamina.