View Full Version : Tanking Prot Warrior seeking advice
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I got all 5 pieces of tier-gear, and also the glyph from triumph emblems.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Edit: Resurrecting my thread, as i feel comfortable around my current healthlvl, buffed i can top our bear :).
But now i feel like getting some more threat, so it's possible for dps to go more "balls to the wall", sure by now i do around 10-12k tps, but i want more.
So what should i do?
Weapons? Currently got the following:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50810 - Titanium weapon chain
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50760 - Mongoose
http://www.wowhead.com/item=50179 - Blooddraining
http://www.wowhead.com/item=51916 - unenchanted
http://www.wowhead.com/item=51010 - unenchanted
and take into consideration, that i get +6 expertise from maces as racial.
Hiiiiiiii, I'm dgen. :3
To be honest, I'm not sure if you're looking for advice on the things you mentioned, or everything, but just incase, I'll list everything I think you should consider changing.
* Glove Enchant :: change it to +18 Stamina or +240 Armor.
* Shield Enchant :: change it to +18 Stamina, you're way over the 536 Defense cap (it's 536 cause of the +15 Resilience your Shoulders award).
* Weapon Enchant :: your weapon in Mongoose worthy, and Blood Draining if you're currently killing or attempting hardmode content.
* Glyphs :: Lose Glyph of Blocking and use Glyph of Taunt, as I imagine Taunts are missing quite frequently in your current gear-set, not to mention all pieces that are upgrades from your current gear only have less and less hit on them too.
* Get 4/5 T10.5 (Helm with your next 95 Emblems, and Gloves from VoA25 OR Emblems if your luck sucks).
* Get Pillar's of Might crafted - they're cheap now that ICC is pugged up to 11/12 normal on most realms.
* Get this (http://www.wowhead.com/item=47955) and this. (http://www.wowhead.com/item=49489) The first Ring I have listed is superior to the LDW Ring on physical-based fights, and the second is vastly superior on every fight where magical damage is the primary source or on-par with incoming physical damage, due to the Resistance stats and Armor(to negate incoming physical damage, obviously).
Your current Rings are good, just not as good, for fights where the Armor or Resist would be superior. Let me know if you require and explanation as to which bosses would be considered "suitable" for the use of Resist gear.
That's really all I can think of judging by your armory. If you're really keen to improve your play, I'd suggest changing Alchemy to Jewelcrafting, for the added Stamina bonus, it helps A LOT, and Alchemy is pretty useless for tanks in terms of in-combat gain.
You seem to have a pretty good understanding of the Warrior design, I like how you've ignored all socket bonuses and zerged Stamina, this is what all Warriors in your kind of gear and above, should be doing.
And since you asked, Glyph is more superior on physical-based fights, for obvious reasons and as listed above. Swap out Corroded Skeleton Key for it, as the use-effect of SIS is arguably superior.
To conclude, you don't seem to need much help, but I'm glad you posted here anyway, as it's always good to get the advice of others before making choices that you're having second thoughts about and/or pondering upon.
Oh, and race change to Female Human, they are teh win! :P
God I love these forums, those seeking help bring the biggest smile to my face, and I don't even know why. XD
06-09-2010, 01:19 AM
The pillars are something i have planned to craft at some point, atm aiming for some dps-gear for starters.
Rings i might just let be what they are, since i would have to pug get the others, and i really dislike most pugs on my server. I do have the 10-man ony ring though.
Hardmodes? Maybe soon, since it looks like we are stepping down from the 25-man scene, and focusing on 10's instead now, and Moongoose have been considered for my weapon for quite a while.
Jewelcrafting has also been considered, but i like the bonus from alchemy, which also benefits me when i dps, so that will still be a keeper. Skipped herbalism for Blacksmithing though.
Most of all, this was just really a rewiev, so that i could be sure i was on the right path. And it looks like all my hours of forum reading has turned out pretty well. :D
And i will never race change my dwarf, he looks so cool in plate armor :P Why else would i have a 2nd dwarf warrior in lvl'ing, hehe ;)
08-15-2010, 04:55 AM
bumped for new question