PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Healadin help.

Kiwidin
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Recently I've been stacking +23 SP gems into everything I get.
Should I be doing this, or instead go with +intellect gems?

Griff
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Typically, linking your armory is a good place to start. I know little about healadins other than I like it when they are healing me but most of the healadins I see sport +int gems instead of SP or SP/Intellect hybrids for their metas.

Kiwidin
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I didn't think an armory link would be needed.
I think I'm going to go with intellect from now on, thanks for the answer :)

Leitha
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
i found your armory..

Well i would say going for int is the better way. spellpower is nice but as a paladin not really needed. Go for int and a big manapool and you will be flexible to spamm fol or hl as you want.

spellpower does only increase the heals you do.

int increases:
- your spellpower
- your manapool
- your crit rate
- your mana regen with replenishment and with divine plea

Harmacy
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
There are two different styles of Paladin Healing - Flash of Light spec, which focuses around Flash of Light, and Holy Light spec, which... well you know.

Flash of Light spec is good at pumping out small, mana-efficient heals for lengthy periods of time. This is a good idea for 5-mans or even some 10-mans, but many feel that it is inadequate to heal serious content. It's more of a raid-healing spec than a tank-healing spec - think of yourself as a living HoT. Sometimes it works, but typically endgame Holy Paladins are HL specced.

FoL would gem pure spellpower, because it is so mana-efficient and spellpower helps offset the weakness of FoL itself.

Holy Light spec pumps out the big, expensive Holy Light bombs. Beacon one tank, bomb the crap out of the other, keep them both alive. This is what the vast majority of Holy Paladins do, especially in endgame or hardmode content.

HL gems pure int. Spellpower is mostly overheals in this scenario, and Holy Light just costs so much mana that you need every spare ounce of mana regen you can get. Besides, it gives you a small amount of spellpower too.