PDA

View Full Version : Warrior low dpser seeks help

vegastjg
06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I've gotten to the point of frustration over my dps. I've done so much reading about what I should be doing its crazy. Get better gear or regem to this or that are the tips ive gotten from people on my server when I asked them for tips, but those tips are really expensive and totally random when talking about getting new gear. I have no idea of how to post my toons info on here but im on sisters of elune horde gordoc fury warrior . I think i have alright gear though I do know my trinkets need replaced. I don't have any heroic gear and I don't see myself being ready for them anytime soon unless of course I receive sum amazing help for you all on here!! My guild does ICC25 and I did 8.1k on fester last night which is my alltime high. sad but true . Ive worked on my placement making sure im behind the mobs whenever possible I use the rotation listed on maxdps thinking that might be good but I read earlier today that bt>ww Is that true now?
Thank you very much in advance for your help

Stumble
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM
For one, stop gemming crit. Getting hard capped is far better than crit (after that you gem strength). You could get the relentless earthsiege meta gem, as it only needs one nightmare tear (think thats the name) to activate it.

Your talent spec could use some improvement. Heroic Fury is very nice for ICC, and do you really need imp. cleave? Get Booming Voice and Commanding Presence instead.

Also, I'd get Gatecrashers Gauntlets instead of the t10 ones, and get t10 chest. You should also get a new MH wep as soon as possible, Bryntroll is pretty bad for fury warriors.

8,1k dps on fester is not optimal with your gear (also a bad place to check your dps because of all the incoming dmg, check on saurfang instead). You should make sure you have all the buffs you can get, things like Icy Talons and Windfury is a huge dps increase for us.

I'm not sure about your rotation since you havent posted a log of it. My rotation is: WW > BT > Slam and spam HS as much as I can afford, use recklessness when WW and BT is on their first CD and then pop death wish.

Think thats about it for now.

gabbu
06-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Link to OP's toon: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Gordoc

Also you should drop the NES trinket since you are at 80% arpen fully buffed you are totally wasting the proc. Oh yeah and put Tuskar's vitality enchant on boots.

Randaktar
06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I would agree with almost everything Stumle had to say except for Cleave should remain in your line-up for its availability as it doesn't share global cd and is a perfect choice when WW, BT, Slam (only use if proc has occured), Cleave. You do NOT want to spam HS this is better used as a rage dump only and isn't something you want to use unless rage is 80% or more. Also, let me reitterate that Slam is only to be used when a proc has occured... get yourself Slam-Alert the newer version has guys name attached to it and I am sorry I can't recall it). Death Wish and Recklessness are also to be used whenever not on CD. Good luck!

Harmacy
06-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I would agree with almost everything Stumle had to say except for Cleave should remain in your line-up for its availability as it doesn't share global cd and is a perfect choice when WW, BT, Slam (only use if proc has occured), Cleave. You do NOT want to spam HS this is better used as a rage dump only and isn't something you want to use unless rage is 80% or more. Also, let me reitterate that Slam is only to be used when a proc has occured... get yourself Slam-Alert the newer version has guys name attached to it and I am sorry I can't recall it). Death Wish and Recklessness are also to be used whenever not on CD. Good luck!

I was under the impression that HS was your single-target rage dump, Cleave was your multi-target rage dump. At least that's how it works for Prot (I fail hard at Warrior DPS).

Stumble
06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Could you explain how Cleave is better than HS? Might be something I'm not seeing, but I have been under the impression that HS is always better than Cleave on single targets. I really can't see how Cleave is better, it costs more, does less dmg and both HS and Cleave is on "next melee attack". Trash doesn't count btw.

Trogdorrior
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I would have to agree with stumble. On any boss, it should be HS when you have rage to dump. If you dump too much rage using cleave you might end up rage starved, which is much harder to do with the lower rage cost of HS, and that will hurt your dps.