PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Are there any common raids I can do?

Jjvalour
06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Stuff like ToC, Ulduar, ToGC, etc.
Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&cn=Jjvalour)
35806 base HP
24900 Armor
550 Defense

I thought it would be enough for ToC 10, as an OT at least, but I was just recently told it's not quite enough.

Thedom
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I am going to assume you were dropped due to enchanting and gems. Your avoidance levels are not at the disparity where you should be gemming parry and for the most part you shouldn't gem avoidance anyways. If you are defense capped use stam and a purple to cover your meta requirement (dodge/stam or expertise/stam depending on your preference). The resilience and crit are more or less wasted if you want to use hybrids use hit/stam or def/stam in yellow sockets and dodge/stam or expertise/stam in red. Obviously hit and expertise hybrid gems are for threat and defense and dodge are for survivability. At your gear level tho using all stam and one purple will probably be more beneficial. Also do a few dailies and get a proper leg enchant (even the blue quality leg armor is better than 18 stam) and pick up a belt socket. Also your talent spec is a little wonky if you are going deep wounds go proper deep wounds (15/3/33) or use a full survivability spec which you can look up around this site for more specific information.

Metasynaptic
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
The most common raids I see going are VoA, ToC and ICC. Uldaur is actually quite a rare pug raid on my server, which I feel is a pity.

I agree with the previous poster, you should probably ignore socket bonuses, and gem pure stamina... varying this only to activate your meta or take a truely decent socket bonus (that is, a +9 stamina bonus for only making one hybrid gem at most).

If you don't have the cash for epic gems, use the +24 stam gems, or better yet, run gob loads of heroics and sell some orange/green/purple gems on the AH, after getting them cut into whatever the most expensive gem on your AH is.

You also have some work to do in 5 man dungeons. Get the shield from halls of reflection *normal* mode. You need some more triumph emblems for wrynn's legs and the 245 trink.

Jjvalour
06-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Grabbed Frosthide leggings and an eternal belt buckle, should I put a nightmare tear or a stam gem in it?
Been working on the shield for awhile now.
You mean the corroded skeleton key?

Metasynaptic
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Don't get the frost trink. Get the triumph 245 trink, the glyph of indomability.

Frost cloak, belt, gloves, chest first. If you *have* to get the skeleton key trink, buy it and return it every 2 hours.

Jjvalour
06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
So should I replace the charm with the glyph and keep the heart to stack armor?

Metasynaptic
06-02-2010, 09:29 PM
The brew charm isn't bad: the +stam will serve you well in fights that are magic damage based, such as lady Deathwhisper. On fights that are mostly/all physical, you want some armour, which is why the glyph is good. The blackheart is very overpowered for it's ilevel and will serve you well in ICC.

short answer: have both. don't vendor any trinks.

Jjvalour
06-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Ran two more normal HoR's and grabbed the shield tonight. (Need to stop spamming keybinds -.-)
Switched out some gems, current stats:
36796 HP
25269 Armor
544 Def

What I'm looking at for a revised tanking build. (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00fZhZVItrx0zidfzsGo:AciomM)