PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Am i just being dumb?

iliveonarainbowcloud
05-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Alrighty, i'm a blood DK tank, spec'd for bosses. I can take on up to around 5 mobs in ICC and around 7/8 anywhere else.

Here's the question:
Often times i am...scrutinized and lectured on how to play my class because i refuse to use blood boil. I refuse to do so because i have no real need to. DnD, and disease + pest seem to keep things under control. I always have health bars up so i can see the mob's health bar, and the aura around it. If i see the aura go orange/yellow, i taunt/IT as necessary. I've never had a problem with multi-mob tanking really. Is it wrong for me to not use Blood Boil?

If you would like me to post my armory and stuff, let me know, though i don't see how it would be needed.

Selene
05-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes it is wrong for you to not use Blood Boil. Blood Boil is what a Blood Tank uses to try to maintain AoE Aggro. Diseases alone do not do enough damage, Blood Boil gives your AoE some snap aggro.

evilpinknoodles
05-30-2010, 10:39 PM
yes u do need to use bloodboil becuse with your desesises (sorry i no i cant spell) up your bloodboil increases your damage done thare for increasing your threat substantialy