PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Prot Pally

Daggda
05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
My tank started off as my alt then out of necessity for our guild became my main. I've gotten lucky rolls and lucky drops with my tier 10.5 legs and hands and very unlucky with other drops like my chest.

My guild has just downed PP for the second time and we are now working on 10m Blood Princes.

As of yet I haven't seen or won the chest from Lady Deathwhisper or from 25 man Festergut.

With my current gear I'm looking at getting the Lightsworn Breastplate then upgrading that when I get a token.

Or getting the Cataclysmic chestguard.

I'm well over defense capped and I believe with glyph I'm expertise capped. Is the extra armor and gem slot going to be that great for me? I'll have the badges in another few weeks so have plenty of time to deliberate.

With the up and coming bosses I'm not sure which would be better in the long run.

oh here's my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&cn=Daggda

Harmacy
05-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Aside from a few gems and enchants, you're doing well. Spec looks good, the HotR glyph is of questionable use inside ICC but none of the glyphs for that third slot are fantastic (the other options are Righteous Defense, Salvation, and Judgement). You have the two important glyphs, that's what matters.

Obviously that belt gem has to go. Put a +agi/stam gem in its place (or in your helm). Agility actually gives a lot of dodge (and crit) to a Paladin, much more than a Warr or DK making it superior to Dodge Rating for us when you factor in the armor. (the crit is just a nice little bonus)

+225 armor goes on the cloak, and +18 stam on the shield. Effective Health (stam and armor) is king in ICC, there are only a handful of fights where armor is less than superb (notably Sindragosa). Likewise, I would suggest replacing your glove enchant with either +18 stam or +240 armor (both LW recipes). 2% threat is a pretty negligible amount, and you're well geared (you're at the soft expertise cap, and even over the melee hit cap).

The rest of your gemming and enchanting is good. You're even using Mongoose (yay) and the PvP shoulder enchant over the Hodir one (double yay).

I suggest the Cat chest. If you can't afford Pillars of Might, you might as well stick with the Cat for the extra socket (even if you have a token) as there is no real benefit to going past 2 tier pieces (our 4 piece is crap). If you can afford them, get them crafted ASAP and then get the Cat chestpiece to compensate for the lack of expertise and defense. Then later on grab the tier shoulders or helm to get the 2 piece again.

Daggda
05-31-2010, 08:26 AM
thanks for the pointers. Ironiclly i already have the 251 shoulders and helm. So next token can go to either of them. I'm a miner so farming up the titansteel isn't really that hard and on our server PS is going for 800-900g per and that's not hard to come up with.

I'll be swapping out my enchants and gems like you suggested.