PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Elemental Shaman that needs help.

Canto
05-29-2010, 04:49 AM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here but my dps seems pretty low around 5 to 6k. My rotation is FS (elemental mastery when not on cooldown) lava burst, CL, LB until lava burst is off cooldown. Maybe its my gear I am really not sure any help would be appreciated.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=Canto

Airowird
05-29-2010, 05:27 AM
1) Spirit weapon is wasted on shams, we get virtually 0 benefit from Spirit. Try to get another MH ASAP
2) Shield > Offhand frill. Bulwark of Smouldering Steel is a good one for shams.
3) Spell pen gems in your belt = no-no in PvE
4) You're slightly over hitcap (3% from talents, 1% from racial and possibly 3% from raid = only need 10 or 13%, you're at almost 15%)

Enchants seem fine, not sure but your Haste seems a bit lowish, might be better once you swap those other wasted stats out.

Errvalunia
05-29-2010, 03:27 PM
The spirit on your weapon and MP5 on your bracers aren't ideal, but sometimes you take what you can get. If you took that weapon out from under a clothie or druid, though, you lose 100 internets.

Off hands vs shields isn't that important, cause you have to take what you can get. I prefer using a shield, as most shamans do, cause that's what shamans do.

5-6k DPS in what situation? With full 25 man raid buffs, that is low. With 10-man raid buffs, you should be doing better on sit there and kill stuff fights like Festergut. In a 5-man, things never live long enough anyways.