PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warrior requiring advice on stats

Kashana
05-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Hello,

This is my first character I have ever made on WOW and I have been trying hard to get some decent gear to work on my dps. I had some advice not long ago about certain aspects of my gear and especially my rotation and some of you guys really helped me out but there is always room for improvement!

I am still confused about the ideal numbers for stats at my level. As far as I have understood, my hit & expertise rating is above the cap (I think...!) but I don't know know whether I should be aiming for more crit, armor pen, strength or attack power... also what about agility?

I know I still need some new higher level gear (my boots are in need of a change and the gem is wrong but I am hoping to get the Hellfrozen Bonegrinders made within the next couple of weeks.)
Anyway, if anyone can help me out and tell me the ideal stat figures I should be aiming for it would be a great help.

I have not been raiding on a regular basis due to guild raid times but we have just got a group started for 25M Icc hopefully on a weekly basis and I am trying to join in some 10M groups when I can. I do my daily instances for frost and do VOA when I can but I don't PVP.

I hope that is enough information and appreciate your help.

Thanks
Kashana :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zuluhed&cn=Kashana

nserafini
05-27-2010, 08:11 AM
You should read this.

Warr Fury Guide (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide)

You Exp and Hit are above the caps needed to guarantee a hit will land.

Right now you're near the 100% softcap ( forget if it's 716 or 726 ); so you're fine. Gear looks enchanted properly, though I'd ditch the wrist + EXP and get something a little more attack focused.

Just keep getting into ICC runs, get rep and hope for drops. Build frost up, my suggestion is try to hit the ArP hard cap.

gabbu
05-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Wow I must say I am impressed by your toon considering this is your first wow toon. Except for some gemming issues you did build up your character very well. Lets start.

First go thorough this fury warrior guide if you havent. Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide)

Stats:
You are looking for is crit, arpen and strength. Haste is not a good stat for us so avoid it as much as you can. Also remember while trying to get upgrades you must not drop below hit and expertise cap for fury. As fury warrior you need 164 hit with 3/3 precision and 26 expertise.

Gear:
You are looking for crit and arpen gear, dont be afraid to take leather pieces if no one needs them. Some of the fury BiS items are leather items. Typically agility jewelery (neck and rings) are better for warriors thus you would want to take agility version of the rep ring.

Also if you have emblems, go for Helm of Thunderous Rampage (http://www.wowhead.com/item=47674) which although being a lower ilvl item should give you a net DPS gain. If you are not doing it already use Landsouls Spreadsheet (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/) to evaluate gear upgrades. You have more hit and expertise than required. Gemming changes below will most likely get you expertise in track. To get rid of extra hit I suggest farming Banner of Victory (http://www.wowhead.com/item=47214) from Normal ToC 5man to replace Mark of Supremacy

Gemming:
You gemming needs some help. Seems like you are trying to get the socket bonuses which in most cases is not the ideal way to go. I suggest following changes,

Helm: Meta is good, 2nd should be 20 ArP
Neck: Change to 20 ArP
Shoulder: Change to 10 str + 10 crit
Back: Change to 10 str + 10 crit
Chest: 3 x 20 ArP
Bracers: 20 ArP
Hands: Yellow socket Change to 10 str + 10 crit
Belt: Change the blue socke to Nightmare Tear and use 20 ArP gem on the BS socket
Pants: 2 x 20 ArP
Boots: Change to 10 str + 10 crit
OH: Change to 10 str + 10 crit

While doing all this make sure you maintain 52% ArP softcap

Other than this spec and glyphs look good. I do recommend run speed boot enchants (http://www.wowhead.com/item=44491) bit thats your call to make, in my personal opinion they are worth more than you can imagine.

HTH

Kashana
05-27-2010, 12:07 PM
OK thanks guys and Gabbu, thats a nice complement :D
This game is actually a lot more complex than I initially thought but thats why I love it!!
Ok, great advice and you have definitely summed up exactly what I wanted to know.
Interesting advice about the leather and actually I had seen a couple of excellent fury warriors with the leather bracers and I always wondered why.
I'll work on some regemming as suggested and about the enchants for the boots; yeh, I did actually intend to get it done but I just was waiting for some new boots first...they just never drop and primo saronite is expensive :p
Thanks again guys, this forum is great

Selene
05-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Some guilds will help members with getting gear made. So if there is any Saronite in the Guild Bank, might not hurt to see if you can have it to get the boots made.

Some other boots to consider is the crafted 226 boot from the Ulduar recipe drop. They are better than the 232 boots out of H HoR, because of the socket.

Beyond that, no clue on what to suggest for boots beyond going to ToC/ICC raids.

mcharley94
05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey All,

Kashana, I hope you don't mind me stepping in here to ask some questions regarding fury builds as well. Seems this is the most appropriate place apposed to starting another thread as I too am trying to correctly gear my warrior as fury, though I am not as progressed as you are. I m still doing heroics.

This toon is my alt, main being ranged (actually have a mage and a moonkin) and feel very comfortable with where they are at, but this melee up close fighting is a whole new ball game for me, so I could use some advice.

I have looked over the fury guide, as well as a few other threads, and have learned a lot in doing so. I believe I have the rotation correct (ww, bt, slam on proc, hs or cleave depending on # of mobs) so I feel my problem has to be gear I assume. One thing I am still confused with is in regards to hit, ArP and expertise, and which one I should be priority at this point.

I have been using RAWR to assist me but after having an in-game discussion with a very well geared fury warrior I get the feeling that I am being steered in the wrong direction from it. They suggested that I should be gemming for ArP rather than strength, (at least to some degree anyway) until I get geared better. I've been trying to get the needle-encrusted scorpion to help with this, but as luck would have it, three times in a row now that it has dropped I keep roiling single digits...lol I realize now too that I have a large amount of hit as well.

BTW, I realize I need to replace some things like thrown, legs, and offhand to name a few, and I am working on these as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&cn=Taunka

Kashana
05-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi,
Well I am no expert as I was also requesting help but you definitely need some more expertise - i think it is 26 you should be aiming for as Gabbu had mentionned and you are over the hit rating but I can't see you gemming for it so I assume that will change with gear.
Now I was told that I did not need to gem for ArP unless I could get to around 70% ArP just with gear and then in that case it is worth gemming to go all the way.
Keep farming for that trinket - it is worth it.
Other than that, I am hoping that by posting this reply, someone else might pick it up and help you out.
Good luck!!
Kash

mcharley94
05-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the reply Kashana,

I have since gotten Crimson Star, and a second Tyrannical Beheader as well as Grinning Skull Boots which have all raised my ArP and tossed out some hit, but still no trinket =(

I've also downloaded Landsouls Spreadsheet which is telling me to gem for expertise as well so I'd say you were on to something. I am aiming now for Wrynn's Leggings of Conquest to complete the set which I should have by the end of the night and I'll go from there I guess. Hoping to get into some ICC 10 soon =)

Would still appreciate any and all further advice.

Thanks Again ;-)

Dmgsponge
05-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I myself have been going through some issues with my DPS on my warrior, my expertise is 3 under the cap, and i know my hit is WAY over the top, i've been running everything i can on a regular basis to try and get the NES, DV, or DBW, but no luck yet. what else might i be able to do? i'm about 15 badges away from my T10 chest, and have a mark standing by so i can immediately get the T10.5 chest.

Thanks for the advice.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Alleria&name=Dmgsponge
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&cn=Dmgsponge

Kashana
05-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Dmgsponge,

I am not sure that anyone else is going to pick up on this thread and answer both of you gius. I had a look at your spec and the amount of hit is unbelievable! You probably should get rid of the Mark of Supremecy trinket but other than that I am too at a loss.

I know that a lot of persons have been asking me if I have a problem perhaps with the timing of my rotation. I am not sure how to check this out but will do some practice on the training dummies.

I wonder for both you and mccharley94 if it is worth you opening up a new thread to see if you can get some advice as maybe my post is too old now for an answer! I don't know...I would be interested on reading the comments for your gear though as I would like to see what someone misht suggest you to do to get your Armor Penetration & Crit higher.

Good luck!!
Kashana

gabbu
06-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Sorry folks long weekend, family picnics makes you busy have not been back online.

One thing I love about tankspot is every monday you get this long list of emails about threads you posted on telling you to go back to them :p

@Dmgsponge and mcharley I will reply soon on this thread or if you guys started another thread. Just FYI its usually better not to double post.

gabbu
06-01-2010, 05:45 AM
@ mcharley94, armory shows you in tank, gear please swap to dps gear and post.

@ Dmgsponge, I will soon reply on your new post.

Let me just clear some doubt about ArP, its a multiplicative stat the more you have it the better it is. Generally you should not gem ArP unless you can soft cap (52% ArP with ArP proccing trinket) or hard cap it (around 100% ArP). If you cant have one of the above just gem pure str.