PDA

View Full Version : Tanking T10.264 4 piece bonus or 277 non-set pieces?

Deque
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Heap
I generally use Rawr to make gearing decisions, but I don't know if I'm putting too much stock in it because it rates the T10.264 pieces higher than everything out of Heroic 25m ICC. The only thing it's currently suggesting I upgrade is to Cataclysmic Chest and Kraken Gloves, but I believe it has the old armor values for the T10.264 pieces.

I'm just curious if I'm passing on loot that I should be using. The guild I'm currently in uses EPGP, but I'm not a hoarder (I wouldn't hoard PR for loot if its an upgrade). Most of the 277 tank pieces (Blightborne, Bone Commander Pauldron's, etc) go to dualspec players, so they are going to get used regardless of whether or not I take them.

Dawnbreaker
05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Given the following:
- The 4pT10 bonus is not that powerful
- Heroic tokens are highly sought after (your odds of getting a significant number are low)
- The 277 non-set tank gear is pretty solid (specifically, helm & shoulders)

Then I would say work with the 277 non-set pieces as best you can. At the very least, you are likely to want to up your hit (or glyph your taunt) for H Sindragosa p3, and the helmet from LDW is a solid piece for that. The Shoulders from gunship have the same stat distribution (dodge/parry/def) as the set shoulders and have an extra socket. If your hit gets up too high, you can swap to an expertise weapon like Glorenzelg, Ramaladni's, or Oxheart.

I wouldn't advise getting the 277 hit chest over an armor chest (set, badge one) nor the 277 gloves over the set armor gloves though. Armor is still a key stat for progression.