PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fury warrior confused on ARP and STR

ShanexD
05-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Hey everyone,

Toon link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=Ath%C3%A9na

Yes again someone is confused on fury warrior gemming. I would really like if someone can check my toon to make sure I'm doing everything right for now. I have only got access into 10 man ICC content as my guild doesn't do 25 mans yet. Right now I am considering buying the battered hilt for the main hand weapon and having the Enforcer's weapon as a off hand. I have left gem slots empty on my toon so i don't waste money. I really like to know everything about my class so I don't mess up. So if someone who knows about ARP and STR gemming could just lay it on the table for me I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in Advance
Athéna

MellvarTank
05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
The fury guide also stresses the use of landouls spreadsheet as an accurate way to evaluate upgrades/gemming choices.

I'll give you a quick rundown....

Are you hit/expertise capped?

If No: Gem/enchant it.
If yes: Do not gem/enchant it.

Do you have the NES trinket and ~45% ArP?
If yes: Gem it to ~52.5% and gem the rest strength.
If no: Check the numbers, can you successfully gem to 52.5% ArP switching all of those strength gems? If you can, go for it... if not, then gem strength.

Can you gem up to 100% passive ArP?
If yes: Do it.
If no: Keep at 52.5% with the ArP trinket until you get enough upgrades that you can, then switch.

From an earlier post I did yesterday.

ShanexD
05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes i read that post so it explained it more or less what about my armory is everything right, Am i missing something out. And should i buy the battered hilt because i heard it was BiS for 10 man ICC.

MellvarTank
05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Unfortunately I can't check your armory right now as my work doesn't allow it. I'll have a look at it when I get home if no one else has responded.

Bung
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
This is a very common question for dps warriors. I looked at your armory and for now my advice is to gem all str and mabey str/crit if the bonus is worth it. Enchant for AP. At some point Arp becomes better than str...There are different theories about this, but in your case you are at 30% Arp from gear alone. The goal is to have to gear and arp gems and get to 1400 Arp which is the hard cap, 100%. Better gear comes with more arp, and in your case you can replace some hit with arp because you are way over capped (164 is all that is needed),. When you have 60-70% Arp from gear alone completely regem to all Arp and get a new trinket to replace the Arp trinket because the proc will do you little or no good. Good luck.

ShanexD
05-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you so very much with your fast reply :) Ill be sure to follow your advice.

May you have a good day from now :)