PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need some tanking advice

Cloudstrife_200
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok so i need some real tanking advice, i think ive got my gear and spec in order...but i tend to get killed real easy on most raid bosses. and this is a major problem. below i have my armory link, if someone could look at it and tell me what needs fixing so i dont die so damned easily, id really appreciate it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Altar+of+Storms&cn=Syael

kaydubbleu
05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Read Agg's Prot Warrior Guide on this forum

Spec into Impale and Deep wounds in the Arms tree for (15/3/53) Take points from Puncture and move em over, you shouldnt be rage starved.. Are you?

Swap glyph of Vigilance for Shield Wall or something similar, the 5% threat will come from bleed ticks from Deep Wounds

You shouldnt be gemming for hit/agility, if you need sockets for meta get dodge/stam or defense/stam ..

You are well over Defense cap so dont gem/enchant for it, bring this down to 540ish while increasing armor/stamina elsewhere

+225 Armor enchant on Back
+275 Health enchant on Chest is better than All Stats gem IMO
Tuskarrs Vitality (15 Sta and movement speed increase) is better overall IMO
+18 Sta on gloves

Start getting the frost badge gear ASAP, start with Gloves/Belt/Back whichever is a better upgrade for the bonus armor.

Depending on which raid bosses you are talking about you may need to work on using cooldowns better as well for survivability.. 36k should be enough for TOC 10/25 and if you get to 30k armor you will be better suited for ICC 10. If you can get into ICC rep runs to get your ICC ring that would be great as well. Best of luck.

dgen
05-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey there, I'm dgen - I'll try to help you as much as possible.

Respec to this (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00fZhZVItrx0didczsGo:TicoMm), the glyphs you should use are within the URL link also.

I can explain the reasoning for them if you'd like, just reply here if you want an explanation.

You should change the following, to the following, correspondingly;

* Cloak enchant - change it to +225 Armor. Armor provides EHP. EHP is your main focus.
* Chest enchant & chest gem - change the enchant to +275 Health and the 10 Agi / 10 Crit gem to 10 Defense / 15 Stamina OR 30 Stamina.
* Bracer gem - change the 10 Strength / 10 Defense gem to 30 Stamina.
* Glove enchant & glove gem - change the enchant to +240 Armor unless threat is currently a problem and change the 10 Agi / 10 Crit gem to 30 Stamina.
* Leg gem - change the 20 Agility gem to 10 Dodge / 15 Stamina.
* Boot enchant - change it to Tuskar's Vitality, the increased mobility will help extraordinarily with every situation.
* Ring gem - change it to 30 Stamina.
* Weapon gem - change it to 24 Stamina or 30 Stamina.
* Shield enchant - change it to 18 Stamina, you're way over the defense cap.

Everything else looks fine - again, if you're wondering why I suggested any of the above, reply here and ask me to explain, or PM me via. these forums.

I'll explain a few things since I have a few minutes to spare.

Warriors aim for EHP, which is Effective Hit Points - personally, I aim for Armor over Stamina, simply cause it provides pure damage reduction, meaning less incoming physical damage, resulting in less heals required as a whole.

You should try to gem;

- 30 Stamina in BLUE sockets.
- 10 Dodge / 15 Stamina in RED sockets that award +9 or more Stamina as a SOCKET BONUS.
- 30 Stamina in YELLOW sockets.

The only time you go against the above gemming 'rule' is when you're trying to meet your META requirements, even then, 99.99% of the time you'll be able to fulfill your META requirement whilst following said 'rule.'

Hope this has helped.

Kind regards,

~ dgen

Cloudstrife_200
05-25-2010, 07:57 PM
thank you both for the advice, im changing everything mentioned over right now