PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Addon+sillyquestion

aresius
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi, i looked around a bit and didint find any previous posts on the subject..
I was looking for a add-on to report what im doing to my raid. Since im tanking i alweys thought that healers knowing if i poped CDs and etc can be very important. I made a few macros, but ive seen some people with a add on for it id really like to get.
Like something that when my Argent defender pops will shout "argent defender! dont let it happen again!!!", when i use divine protection it will tell it was activated and send another message when the effect is off, so forth (these trigger effects are something i just cant get working with macros).

The silly question i was just dying of curiosity: Is the ToC Trinket -ally version(satrinas impending scarab), named after the same Satrina who posts here?

thanks in advance

Mert
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I use TankTotals for my announcements mainly - it'll cover all the basics (Bubble Wall, Raid Wall, Ardent Defender saves) but I don't think it does Trinkets so you may still need a macro for that one. TankTotals is also pretty good for getting a quick breakdown on your stats on the fly as it calculates all the DR that the game client doesn't do for you like Miss chance.

As for the "silly" question, yes it is (at least, most folk believe so) - a mixture of that and Styleen's Impeding Scarab (http://www.wowhead.com/item=19431) from Blackwing Lair. Keep your eyes peeled in Cataclysm for Mertfury, Blessed Blade of the Overposter :cool:

Banterloft
05-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Yup, TankTotals is the bomb.