PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Keybindings, Construct Driving, and You

kalithendris
05-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Normally, I get relegated to drive the construct during the Prof. Putricide encounter. Usually, during 10 mans, I have little problem with the vehicle and the mechanics, but I have noticed I do have some room to improve. On the 25 man encounter, my construct driving is average, at best. Last week, I had difficulty targeting one of the orange slimes. By the time I did and could slow it down, it had already smacked into one of our healers and of course, did its damage to the raid. This isn't par for course, but it is one of those mistakes -everyone- notices.

Afterwords, another player said they could do it better, utilized a lot of key bindings to control the Abom. Sure enough, when they took over driving, they did remarkably better and the raid itself improved on their Professor attempts, too.

Since ZG's release, and MC, I've been a clicker. It's something I'm familiar with, and have problems working myself out of. However, I realize that, especially when driving the Abom., that method of operating just isn't panning out. That being said, can anyone offer up some jewels of wisdom besides "let the other person drive the abom.," that can help me get started with using key bindings to drive a vehicle? It's a subject I can't seem to track down any information on, and am sorely ignorant about.

Dreadski
05-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Player control is also vastly improved when you bind the majority of your abilities. For the construct, it's a simple 123, and you're left to just click the nameplate and target the ooze. Very simple.

Martie
05-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Also know that, when driving the abomination, you know what you have to do before you actually need to do it.

So be prepared - the adds don't suddenly pop up, they are on a timer, and have a lengthy animation for their arrivals.

kalithendris
05-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I apologize if I wasn't clear in my original post. I do use the number keys to control the Abom., I know what's going to happen and when. I'm looking for some help with key bindings that might make my performance better. The incident mentioned above I did have some very unusual difficulty targeting the orange slime. I normally don't use name plates, but since it was mentioned, I'll definitely give it a try.

Again, I know the functions of the Abom., and the various parts of the fight, but getting to a point where I can also do 7k in the fight, while doing what I'm doing already is more of what I'm looking for, through help of key bindings. The other Abom. driver was able to do it, so I think with a little work, so could I.