PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Elemental

Kawdi
05-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Just wanting some feedback on my elemental shaman.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&cn=Kawdi

I usually can pull 7k+ on stand still and pew pew fights. 7.3k is my highest boss fight dps (festergut 10). Highest dps on single target was a trash mob in ICC 10 going to festergut, hit 8.4k with just elemental mastery. Not sure how i did it honestly, might have had the GCD popping just right but it was only 1 mob.

I used RAWR and set it up to my usual raid buffs and situations and got an estimated 7.2k.

Kazeyonoma
05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
moved to HALP! if you had a dps question, then it could stay in the DPS forum, but personal armory lookups and gear evaluations belong in the HALP! forum.

Harmacy
05-25-2010, 03:57 AM
(not an expert on Elemental to I will stick to the basics rather than class-specific advice)

Your hit is much higher than is needed. You need a total of 17% to cap against raid bosses - including talents you have close to 19%, and if you're raiding with a boomie or shadow priest you have almost 22%.

What other trinkets do you have available to you? If you have something decent like Eye of the Broodmother (or maybe even the old Sundial of the Exalted? again not familiar with elemental stat weighings), use it instead of the hit trink. If you are below the hit cap, it won't be by a lot and you can easily replace a few haste gems with hit to meet it.

I would also consider replacing your boot enchant with Tuskarr's, the move speed is fantastic for any raider.

Another thing to consider is taking some points out of Convection for Elemental Warding. A flat 6% reduction to all incoming damage is great, and will really help your survival (I wish enhance could spec into that without giving up crucial DPS talents, QQ).

If you have the cash, get the crafted cloth bracers (Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers). Trading some MP5 for crit is a wonderful deal for a DPS.

Oh, and level up those professions! :-P

Roshey
05-25-2010, 07:24 AM
As an horde elemental shaman you need 289 hitrating in raids (IF you have Misery or faerie fire active on the boss)
i see your using some pure haste gems, which isnt a great deal for elemental shamans, you should replace em with Reckless ametrine (12 sp 10 haste) never gem pure haste.
other than that your gearing isnt bad, just remember that for elemental shaman its :
Hit > SP > HASTE > CRIT priority.

Usually when an elemental shaman is having some dps issues, its mostly his rotation that is bad. you mind telling me what you usually do.
a tip i have for you is actually to mash buttons, as in spamming lightning bolt button while casting for a quicker next cast. you can see what i mean by mash buttons here http://www.youtube.com/user/kripparrian?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/20/VgDjG_0ecTI

also, are you having an addon showing you flame shock on target? and is your lava burst allways being casted while target is effected by flame shock?

Kawdi
05-25-2010, 09:02 AM
@Harmacy The only reason i keep convection now is because i run oom almost every boss fight. Even keeping up water shield and thunderstorming regularly i go oom and have to call for hymn of hope or innervate. I will look into the boot enchant and bracers. Thanks!

@Roshey Ya i have been meaning to change my haste gems just haven't had time. But i button smash hard. I have my GCD timed pretty much prefect for my connection. I don't really use a addon for flame shock, i just look at the boss and make sure he still has it on. Once and a great while i get a LvB off right when it falls off but thats maybe once a week lol. Thanks for the help both of you.

Edit: Ya i was pretty far over cap now that i think about it. Hmmmmmmmmm i just don't wanna lose my haste bonus from that hit trinket :(

2nd edit: I just thought about something. I've been saving for t10 pants because they are a bigger upgrade than my t10 chest buttttt i could buy the t10 chest because it doesn't have hit rating on it. So i would lose about 3% give or take putting it on compared to my current t9.5 that has 82 hit.