PDA

View Full Version : DPS Protection Warrior DPS

Nexrus
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
There are a couple of fights in ICC where my guild need just a tad more dps to get us through it. Im a prot warrior doing about 2k dps on a single boss. I've tried jumping to fury or amrs when the other tank has aggro but I usually do less thank 2k dps. I found a couple of articles on Prot DPS but all of them have you replace your tank gear with dps gear, which I dont want to do.

Does anyone have any advice? Maybe my rotations are just really bad in fury and arms? All help is much appreciated. Thanks

jafager
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Spam Devastate until you get a Sword and Board proc, then hit Shield Slam and repeat -- that's pretty much how you max out DPS when you aren't getting hit. I wouldn't bother switching to Battle Stance unless you need to seriously reduce your threat output, and I can't think of a good reason to use Berserker Stance, ever. I'm assuming that's what you mean by "I've tried jumping to fury or amrs [sic] when the other tank has aggro".

Protection warriors do terrible DPS when they're not being hit -- it's just a fundamental weakness of the class as it's currently designed.

Tinytankz
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM
You can try swapping a weapon to a slow shamman weapon and go battle stance for the duration of your non tanking but, it isnt worth it if you are not meeting enrage timers cause of DPS not being high enough tanks are not where you squeeze out more you put in more ArP hard capped fury warriors(the mages of ICC)

Selene
05-23-2010, 03:02 AM
Getting tanks to try to put out more DPS is definately the wrong place to increase dps in a raid.
The dps are the ones that have to burn down the mobs, tank is there to keep the mobs off the dps.

Almost all the bragging people do saying that as a tank they do X damage is usually a coordinated effort to get a log where a tank shows super dps or it is usually a pally tank tanking a bunch of Undead.

Nexrus
05-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. I was pugging festergut a while back and we we're getting him to less than 10% and a couple of people said that if my dps was better we would have downed him - in other words, blaming me. I was putting out about 2-2.5k

nserafini
05-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Tank dps is nice, but should never be counted on as the one thing to push the raid into victory.

I've heard this too ( tank needs to output more DPS ), my reply is normally " I'm getting smashed in the face for you; you're welcome " ;)

Dreadski
05-23-2010, 10:18 AM
If you're not being hit, your best damage abilitiy is Shockwave usually. Then I would spam devastate until SnB procs, with a slow weapon. 2pc bonus helps improve the damage of shockwave and SS too.