PDA

View Full Version : Paladin ret pally advise

massacrejons
05-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I have played wow for a long time on my pally. I healed in bc and now I tank wolk. I have never once in the 4 years i have I have had my pally ever specced ret. Can i get some advice on maybe spec and stats other then str. What are the important things to know.

Davih
05-21-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sVcdZVZVfbtbIuhdIfsu:o0Gmcz seems to be the preferred talent build at the moment. Stats is pretty much avoid haste and ArP where possible, pretty much stacking strength is all there is. Crits nice but rarely gemmed for i believe.
important things to know: The first come first sever rotation does have clashes, therefore if a clash occurs then a priority usually takes place. I personally dont know this priority as i dont play ret anymore, so someone else will have to tell you or you can look it up.
Glyphs: Glyph of consecrate means u consecrate less therefore save mana. Glyph of judgement is a damage increase. Glyph of SoV allows you to dip to 16 expertise and still be capped. If you are capped without the glyph change it to glyph of exorcism.
Thats pretty much all my knowledge on retribution paladins.

Trogdorrior
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
When gearing and gemming a ret paladin STR is really, seriously, all that matters. I know two ICC25 geared ret pallies that have told me time and time again to just gem str. Also, keep in mind that alot of the socket bonuses will offer STR. I gem following a "+4 or more" rule. If the bonus is +4 or more STR (only str, ignore the socket bonus if it's not strenght), then I always make sure to get the socket bonus. This would be an alright time to grab some crit or haste if you feel like it.
This is simply how I do it, and how I've seen well geared ICC25 experienced Rets do it. Please feel free to wait for a more thorough concensus.

massacrejons
05-21-2010, 03:35 PM
i looked at the ret pallys in the lead guild on my server and also they got all str gems except the 10 to all stats gem to meet the meta reqs. I looked at there specs and the one linked in this forum and the only differance is they did not spend the 2 points to lower the enemies ap and finished off the mana talent in holy. I am gonna try out ret tonight as long as my guild does not need me to tank the rest of our icc run (stuck on putricide and cant do dreamwalker and the trash before the council is rough lol)(wipes are not my fault i get stunned locked by rogue)