PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Help With tanking and gear and spec

carybria
05-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I am having issues with damage mitigation.. I was trying to Tank ToC the other day and got hit so hard. My GS is around 2550 from wow heroes... but i just couldnt stay alive. My healers are pro so its not them.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00fZhZVItrx0zidfzsGo:ocbM0z

This is my talent tree and glyphs please help me, Also please look at my Gear on Ulispleadeas on Blades Edge not sure how to link that here. Thanks all for the help.

carybria
05-21-2010, 07:41 AM
KK i found gear link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&cn=Ulispleadeas

Lumines
05-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Is your standard tanking weapon that Rimefang's Claw with Berserking?

sifuedition
05-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Your Glyphs are all threat. If survivability is your issue, look to glyphs to support that. Blocking, Shield Wall and Last Stand are all decent.

Change your meta gem to this (http://www.wowhead.com/item=41380).
Use the armor or stamina enchant on your gloves. The threat and parry from armsmen are too small of an inprovement to be better and you stated that survivability is your issue.
Farm normal ToC 5 man for this trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/item=47216). It will be a large EH upgrade over the Rotting Thumb.

Also, don't gem parry, strength or hit. You want one red (dodge/stam) gem to activate the new meta and the rest should be 30 stam.

carybria
05-21-2010, 09:55 AM
thanks that's really good advice.....oh and berserking was just what i had laying around i am changing it

Mend
05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Berserking is 5% armour reduction when it procs, that's a pretty big reduction.

You could replace your hands with the ilvl 232 tier-9 pieces, they are much better than the one you have.
And change every enchant you have to either armour or stamina, same goes with gemming except one Any stat/Stamina red gem to activate your socket bonus, the best would be Agility/stamina since the agi provides avoidance and a small amount of armour.

Good luck :)

Loganisis
05-21-2010, 11:15 AM
To try to summarize by slot after the posts above:

Helm - +Dodge/+Sta instead +Parry/+Sta. Minor though, wouldn't really worry about it.

Shoulders - PvP enchant - +Sta/+Resilience. Yes, you lose defense rating, but the Defense floor is lowered to 536 from 540, so it's pretty much a wash except for trading <1% dodge for 30 sta.

Cloak - When you are comfortable with your defense above the minimium, switch this to +225 armor

Chest - +275 health enchantment

Wrist - Again, when you can, and you feel comfortable removing ~5 Defense (20 rating), change the +Def gem to +Sta, don't worry about losing the socket bonus

Belt - +Dodge/+Sta instead of +Str/+Sta this one is higher on the replace list than the parry gem in the helm

Legs - depends on who you talk to - the red could have the +dodge/+Sta to hit the +9 socket, but pure sta is fine also. When you upgrade, plug it with +30 though, not +24.

Feet - When you upgrade, plug it with +30 though, not +24.

Shield - when you are comfortable removing ~5 Defense (20 rating), change the +Def enchant to +sta

Gearing - As said above, do farm R ToC for blackheart. Glyph of Idom isn't a bad trinket either, almost 1800 armor. A lot of back and forth between those two, but it wouldn't be bad to have on high physical fights.

One thing to be aware of, with 154 hit and no Glyph of Taunt, you will occassionally miss taunts. Either carry extra glyphs or be ready with Mocking Blow if Taunt fails.

Gemming - +Agi/+Sta is better for Pallys, but +Dodge/+Sta is better for Warriors - it has to do with a difference in how much dodge agility gives you, the ratio is better for Pallys apparently, and enough so that even the extra armor doesn't offset it, so +Dodge/+Sta is still probably preferred for warriors. There was another post earlier today (or was it yesterday) that went into the ratios, but I'm not finding it with a quick search.

carybria
05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all the advice the trinkets wont drop but i have change most of the things except i dont have cash for the +30 stamina gems.