PDA

View Full Version : HM LK 10 man

Aterror
05-04-2010, 07:47 AM
So, I haven't seen yet a topic on LK HM 10 man, so I'd like to start one up.

We're 25 man raiders, and have a few days we do 10 mans on the side. We're going to extend our lockout this week so we can do 10 man HM LK. Any suggestions, ideas, information would be the utmost help.

What I do know :

1) Infest is a bitch, we run holy, shaman, pally for healing, however I think we're going to make our priest go disc.

2) P1, has the voidzones that spawn on someoen, better to stack up and move as a group? Or better to spread out? We have a hunter that will be tranq shotting horrers on CD. We run 2 bear tanks :(

3) P2, valk has 3x the health, but at 50% they fly up. I'm not sure what to do here, do we have a range tank it? aka my boomkin, hunter, etc?

4) P3, We all go in spirit room, have to kill spirits. If anyone dies in room he goes into that enrage type.

That's about the extent of my knowledge on this hardmode, other people that have experience, suggestions, or information about this encounter would be most helpful.

Edit: Additional Question :Can this be 3 healed right now? I've read enrage timers unforgiving for 3 and you should be 2, however with the 15% buff, I'd like to be safe than sorry in reguards to healing it.

atcq
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Icecrown Lich King Hard (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?66297-Icecrown-Lich-King-Hard)

Aterror
05-04-2010, 09:42 AM
it's an excellent video, and the strat seems great. However, I never really know what happens to the valk when their up there. Should we continue to dps them down or let them be and continue to nuke LK. I'd also like to see insight if people feel it is possible to 3 heal with 15% or what not.

Kloon
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I believe the offtank is taunting them or doing some aggro on them, i believe they leave them up there and that they despawn at phase 3, however i'm not sure.

Taryn
05-08-2010, 12:25 PM
you normally heal lk 10 hc with only 2 healers. let your holy priest go into disc or you cant really handle the infest. we did it with disc priest for the group + infest-savings and a resto druid for the tanks (just because our only paladin is this group is the one with shadowmourne). i won't go into every detail, the things you should know which change are:
- shambling horrors under 20% health gain a frenzy-buff (100% dmg, 50% attackspeed) which cant be dispelled but it stacks with the dispellable enrage, so let the add-tank save his cooldowns and stuns (!) for situations when you can't dispell the other horror (there should be only 2 horrors spawning) and/or there is a horror < 20% (frenzy+shockwave is kinda bad for a 2 healer team)
- if you spread out in p1 for the shadow trap or not is your choice, we made up a starting point and an end point where we want the transition-phase to happen and move to there in 3 "lines" (tank,boss,melees - addtank,adds - ranged/healers). always be sure that everyone can always reach the horrors in the 4s before the dispell of the necrotic plague. it's nearly a wipe if you lose the first plague (dispell to early or at the wrong place).
- transitions don't change at all strategy-wise
- the valkyrs will drop the player if they reach 50% health, you don't want to kill them since this would be wasted dps (which you will need to beat the enrage timer). don't "overnuke" them, let your dps instantly switch back the lk when they see a valkyr at 49%. they will fly up and chain cast "Life Siphon" which drains about 2k hp every 2s. a tank (preferably the off-tank) taunt them when they fly up to shot so Life Siphon won't destroy the priest shields. threatplates really help there.
- well in the frostmourne room you don't really have to kill "every" spirit in there. you will be in there for exactly 40s (when mr. menethil finishes his restore soul cast in the middle). you only have to survive those 40s. the spirits in there work in a similar way the normal spirits in p3 do but they only have 4k hp in there in 10m hc. at some point they will "activate" and fly down to explode if they reach their target. starfall, mind sear and seed of corruption help there a lot. don't get hit by the pink bombs that are slowly falling down.
- you should be always ahead of whats going to happen (defile after you leave the frostmourne-room for example)
- if you want to 3-heal this boss, your dps should be really good. p3 will last really long because every 60s you will be in the frostmourne-room for another 40s.

our video (http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=148559) if you need one more ;)

Dragaan
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes, the fight is pretty easily do-able with 2 healers. I'd highly suggest disc priest + holy pally, as it's the best healing setup for the fight.

swelt
05-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Started on this yesterday, didn't have our optimum lineup, were mostly getting to grips with phase 1. Couple of questions:
- We were often reaching 70% phase transition just after a 3rd shambler spawned. I assume that to be 'on track' we should be reaching phase transition just *before* then? We experimented with 3 healers while learning the positioning and were miles behind that target (as much due to lost synergies as the individual dps)
- In phase 3 frostmourne room, what do melee do? Just move around in the circle? No more business with interrupting/dpsing a guy in the middle?

Blacksen
05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Started on this yesterday, didn't have our optimum lineup, were mostly getting to grips with phase 1. Couple of questions:
- We were often reaching 70% phase transition just after a 3rd shambler spawned. I assume that to be 'on track' we should be reaching phase transition just *before* then? We experimented with 3 healers while learning the positioning and were miles behind that target (as much due to lost synergies as the individual dps) Getting a 3rd shambler really is game over, especially if one is already alive. Not only does it show that you're missing the DPS mark, but the tank damage is going to become ridiculous.

- In phase 3 frostmourne room, what do melee do? Just move around in the circle? No more business with interrupting/dpsing a guy in the middle? There is no guy in the middle. Just avoid bombs.

Dragaan
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
If you get a 3rd shambler right around the time you transition, you should be okay. Just make sure the tank calls for cooldowns once he runs out of his own. It's not so bad on 10man.

The goal should be to push him to 70% before a 3rd spawns tho (make sure you use heroism on the pull). Next target to hit is 40% before 6 valkyr waves, pref. 5.

swelt
05-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. It's useful to have these kinds of benchmarks.

swelt
05-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Has anyone done / seen math around using shadow resistance to help mitigate infest? I know Aura mastery can be used to mitigate an infest, which proves that resistance in high quantities helps, but high quantities of resist would nerf dps. However, is there a middle ground (a couple of enchants or a flask for example) which would give a meaningful reduction in infest damage?

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-resistance_mechanics_wotlk/

Looking at that, if I can get above 219, it guarantees 20% reduction...
Prayer of Shadow Prot (or Aura) = 130
Mark of the Wild = 54 - except I forgot Mark doesn't stack with Aura/Prayer

Head Enchant = 25
Cloak Enchant = 20
Flask of Lesser Resistance = 50

No WOTLK shadow resist gear other than ring of binding. Night's End cloak with 40 resistance probably a bit gimp.

Skaggi
05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
In general a shadow resistance aura from a paladin or shadow protection from a priest should be all you need to mitigate enough to let your healers catch up. If something goes wrong you can user aura mastery or raidwall from a paladin. If the paladin or the needed groupheal is inside a valkyr at that moment you could easily chuck a shadow resistance potion and be fine.

Cheers!
skaggi

swelt
05-19-2010, 05:59 AM
I understand that's the common thinking, just as the common thinking is that you must have a disc priest shielding the whole raid. I'm just trying to thrash out whether there might be another way, especially as we can expect the zone buff to go to 20% in another weeks time.

Infest 10m hard: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=73780 - Deals 11782 to 13218 Shadow damage

Aura alone guarantees a 10% reduction, aura + flask + head and cloak enchants gives 20% reduction, which would take infest down to between 9426 and 10575, with a chance to resist a lot more:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5309/resistprobs2.jpg

As I understand it, if you don't have a shield, you drop below 90% and instantly take a 1.5k tick as well? Infest hits on average for 12500 before resistance, and if everyone had a flask + aura, on average after resistance ~9238 + 1 tick (also subject to resistance, so ~1109) =~10.4k, with a max of 11897+1350 (highest dmg, lowest resistance)

swelt
05-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Or to put it very simply: if the whole raid drank flask of lesser resistance, would it be feasible or even easy to have a resto druid handle infest via healing (either at 15 or 20% buff levels).

Mert
05-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Couple of questions on this fight (one is more generically just LK though rather than strictly Heroic):

I believe that the Shockwave from Shambling Horrors is physical damage but does anyone know if it is mitigated by Armor? Heard mixed reports here. Anecdotal evidence is fine, log parses would make me love you forever and buy you chocolates :)
What is the exact aggro mechanic for Raging Spirits after you rezone back from Frostmourne? I suspect (warning: anecdotal) that when you rezone they will aggress the threat lead rather than retaining the previous tank - in other words, they don't wait for the 110% trip point because they "forget" who the tank was pre-FM and just use "highest total threat" to identify target.
Whether the above is true or not, retaining threat as OT on exit from FM does prove difficult, especially since the game doesn't seem to show their models or nameplates for a few seconds after rezoning (ungh). Currently I'm thinking Libram/Weapon switch at start of second transition, pop Wings and call for Salvs on any likely aggro-monkeys but any other suggestions?
Also, does anyone know if aggro reductions whilst inside Frostmourne (Salvs, Shatter, Feign, whatever) affect the threat table on the Raging Spirits waiting outside or does it not make a difference due to being in a different zone?
Another assumption - the raid zoning into FM seems to reset the swing timer on Raging Spirits, hence the previously-staggered Shrieks seem to hit simultaneously once you rezone. Cooldowns here shouldn't be a problem but ensuring they don't face the raid, even for a second seems problematic - any suggestions on positioning before he begins the Frostmourne cast? Since it kind of drags you toward it, the Spirits seem to face the raid upon exit which can be annoying. Is it possible to stand at the "correct" distance from the Lich King so that you're not dragged toward him for the FM cast or is this an automatic thing regardless of how far away you are?

Bishoptwo
05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Or to put it very simply: if the whole raid drank flask of lesser resistance, would it be feasible or even easy to have a resto druid handle infest via healing (either at 15 or 20% buff levels).

People have been 2 healing it with PLD/Resto Druid since 10 percent buff. It's possible but makes it more retarded than needed if you have access to a disc priest.

kaehl
06-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Another assumption - the raid zoning into FM seems to reset the swing timer on Raging Spirits, hence the previously-staggered Shrieks seem to hit simultaneously once you rezone. Cooldowns here shouldn't be a problem but ensuring they don't face the raid, even for a second seems problematic - any suggestions on positioning before he begins the Frostmourne cast? Since it kind of drags you toward it, the Spirits seem to face the raid upon exit which can be annoying. Is it possible to stand at the "correct" distance from the Lich King so that you're not dragged toward him for the FM cast or is this an automatic thing regardless of how far away you are?
[/LIST]

Would love some clarification on this since we are currently struggling with the same problem.

ihatepeople
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my HM LK10 attempts. I don't have the pick of the litter when it comes to classes/buffs to put together, so i'll explain what I have to work with

Warrior Tank
Paladin Tank

Disc Priest
Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman

Ele Shaman
Moonkin
Shadow Priest
Marks Hunter (me)
Rogue/Surv Hunter (one or the other comes based upon individual availability)

I'm using 3 healers because my paladin doesn't seem to want my priest to help heal tanks, but they keep dying when he attempts to solo heal (the holy paladin is a non-guildly who volunteered to help), so I just decided to forgo the drama and get a 3rd healer. Our dps seems to be on par, even with the lack of a demo lock or a feral druid. I've read the other Heroic LK thread (the one with the descriptive videos) and they make it look so easy. I was wondering if any of the more experienced raiders could offer some advice to my group. Our lowest dps is our surv hunter most of the time, i could get him to switch to Marks, but his gear is not as optimized for it as mine is.