PDA

View Full Version : Who else here liked Warhammer Online in the good ol days?

Valandris
05-01-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_rstI_iym0&feature=related

I miss it a lot.:( I was a discord tank chosen.

Mačl
05-03-2010, 05:50 AM
...I wish Blizz would take a cue for open PvP from that one...

dadricvertanis
05-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Good old days? isn't War Online from like last year? Its hard to keep up with all these games.

Eraser
05-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I tried it, but gosh while I enjoyed some aspects I thought that they severely stuffed up the classes, seemed like any class that could heal was invincible. :(

Valandris
05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Blizz should take notes but they tried with WG and look now it's queued with a pop cap.
As for that on healers, generally all it took was some focus fire and good to go
I miss Thousand and One Dark Blessings when a dok put that while my chosen was in a tank wall. We did awesome keep defense in the good times.

nobel
05-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Agreed blizzard needs to take some ques for warhammer. Had alot of potential really and the concept looked awsome..

For me tho it was just to much like wow.. I keep thinking to myself, why not just play my max lvl toon and raid and pvp in wow? I also felt that the release of this game was bad.. terriable really. If your going to hype the game the way they did and basically place the claims they did you will get one of two outcomes.. they got the later due to bad planning, bad servers.. game shouldn't of been relased when it was.

Ciderhelm
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Good old days? isn't War Online from like last year?

Trogdorrior
05-03-2010, 01:10 PM
There was something about the visuals that I did not like. It seemed very underdeveloped to me. I think that collision detection and class mechanics like the zealot were high points that blizz really should adapt. However... WAR is still running last I checked. Can only "borrow" so much before lawsuits start flying.

I played a choppah for a total of 1 days. I just didn't like the game world as a whole.

Satrina
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Warhammer is a great game. Warhammer Online has been garbage since day one.

Mačl
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I started out as an iron-gnawing dwarf.

When I saw Vigilance as a class ability on my warrior I said hello to a very old friend.
I wonder why they didn't go with different attacks giving you an assortment of defensive buffs. If you "borrow" ideas, just follow it thru.

I never PvE in WAR. That's what WoW is for. WAR has a couple of very interesting concepts. Like leveling in the RvR lakes, public quests, TEH CHICKENING! Somehow it lacked polish, so I returned to WoW for WotLK.
I didn't like the visuals either from day one. But I do have a couple of lvl20 chars. No lvl40.

Destruyen
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM

agreed.

jondube
05-05-2010, 07:01 AM
agreed.

another + 1 agreed here... :)

They must affiliate amazon affiliate (http://bizmarketingideas.com/113/amazon-affiliate/) to learn more about business...

Mert
05-25-2010, 07:23 AM
I played it for a while at launch as a High Elf Swordmaster - was certainly fun being useful as a tank in PvP environments and, as mentioned, the Public Quests and RvR lakes and stuff were great ideas. I think Mythic's biggest mis-step was probably not anticipating the amount of people who had become accustomed to racing to max level because in WoW that's where the real game is. Damn shame that you'd find barren PQs, only the one BG run per tier because it was the quickest/most efficient exp and so on.

Still, some fantastic ideas and a shame it never really came to much. I don't get you guys that say you disliked the visuals - some of the zones were truly breathtaking in my opinion.

You can now have an infinite free trial period for Tier 1 if you're feeling nostalgic by the way :)